Flooding can broke plants and stuff

misanthrope1408misanthrope1408 Ukraine Join Date: 2017-10-25 Member: 233715Members
Hi all,

I'm very like Subnautica, and look forward every new update.
I want propose new small feature, but it can improve gameplay in survival mode.
When your base broke, and it began to flooding, you only necessary to strengthen it and fix. But I think it's not serious effects.
What you think if flood can broke plants(some plants not endure the salt water) or stuff(radio\fabricator for example on 50 percent, need seek materials for fix it), it's logical. You will think twice before projecting your base, and think twice if need add some stuff\plants before test on strength

p.s//sorry, my English not perfect, it's not my native language
Thanks for attention

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I think a better worded english version would be something along the lines of :

"Hi everyone,

I like like Subnautica very much, and look forward to every new update.
    I want to propose a small new feature that can improve gameplay in survival mode.
    When your base breaches, and it begins to flood, you only need to strengthen and fix it. But I think it's not a serious enough effect.
    What if floods could destroy plants (some plants cannot endure the salt water) or damage machines (radio/fabricator) so that they need to be repaired (to fix it) it makes sense. This way, you will think twice before building your base and if you need to add additional reinforcements before you put in your plants and machines."

I guessed on the last sentence because I wasn't sure what you meant. I think that the suggestion itself is a pretty good idea, but only plants should be damaged. The machines would probably be water-proof.
    Anyways, good luck with trying to learn our broken language.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited November 2017
    I think a better worded english version would be something along the lines of :
    "Hi everyone,

I like like Subnautica very much, and look forward to every new update.
    I want to propose a small new feature that can improve gameplay in survival mode.
    When your base breaches, and it begins to flood, you only need to strengthen and fix it. But I think it's not a serious enough effect.
    What if floods could destroy plants (some plants cannot endure the salt water) or damage machines (radio/fabricator) so that they need to be repaired (to fix it) it makes sense. This way, you will think twice before building additions to your base and check if you need to add additional reinforcements before you put in your plants and machines."

I guessed on the last sentence because I wasn't sure what you meant. I think that the suggestion itself is a pretty good idea, but only plants should be damaged. The machines would probably be water-proof.
    Anyways, good luck with trying to learn our broken language.

Maybe that?
  • DrMe0DrMe0 Join Date: 2017-11-01 Member: 233815Members
    I think thats a cool idea.
    It would also be neat if the cyclops only explodes if the reactor is flooded, and if you manage to protect it but still flood the sub, it will simply sink onto the ocean floor.
  • misanthrope1408misanthrope1408 Ukraine Join Date: 2017-10-25 Member: 233715Members
    gosh, I didn't thought, that my English so terrible :/
    Thanks for edits :)
  • Sky_The_FoxSky_The_Fox Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233065Members
    DrMe0 wrote: »
    I think thats a cool idea.
    It would also be neat if the cyclops only explodes if the reactor is flooded, and if you manage to protect it but still flood the sub, it will simply sink onto the ocean floor.

Im pretty sure that reactors will not explode if its waterlogged. But if it overheated, then it would most likely become a rapidly combusting ball of fire and scrap metal