In need of SERIOUS help with major problem when launching Subnautica, please!

RdyRoseRdyRose Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237776Members
When I launch Subnautica, I get no sound. And then if I get into a game its 100% unplayable with like every glitch/bug possible (i.e. swimming inside base, player completely black, sitting animation while in ocean, PDA blank and unclickable, beacon in inventory "in hand" taking up 85% of the screen so I cant see, menu buttons not working, cant control Seamoth, and MANY more).

I have found that sometimes if I restart my computer the game will work totally normal and I can play with no problems, no crashes, no bugs.

But I have spent probably a total of 7 hours in this past week just trying to get my game to run. Restarting my computer isn't helping anymore. I have looked up other suggestions such as running the game in compatibility mode and uninstalling and reinstalling drivers (all of my drivers are up to date) and I cant get the d*mn game to start up properly. It keeps starting up with no sound and then when I load a game it's unplayable.

I have done hours of research on Steam, this website, and my computer's website (I'm using an MSI GL62 6QF gaming laptop) and I cant get this game to work.
My computer has all the correct parameters to run (again I have played this game a lot, it has worked flawlessly before, just the initial start up I cant get) so I know its not the specs of my computer. I have only read a few other posts that have my problem and either they had no replies, were not solved, or I tried what was suggested and it hasn't helped.

I just don't know what else to do and Ive reached my wits end, I really really need help getting this game to work.

(this is the only game Ive EVER had issues with on this computer)

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Try restarting the Windows Audio service:

Either open up services.msc (search from start menu) and right-click "Windows audio" > restart, or, open admin cmd prompt with Win + X, A (or search cmd, right-click > run as admin) and put in:
    net stop audiosrv
    net start audiosrv

Does that fix the problem for you?

If not, see the last part of the first line of my signature below (useful info to include) and attach your log files.
  • m0nk3nm0nk3n subnautica Join Date: 2018-02-11 Member: 237402Members
    have you tried verifying integrity of game cache? reinstalling the game ?
  • RdyRoseRdyRose Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237776Members
    m0nk3n wrote: »

Yes I’ve tried both of those.

Bit of development, I have found that if I turn on my laptop, sign in, and then leave it alone to turn on and boot up for like 30+ minuets then the game will open fine on first try. So I’m not sure if the issue is a program on my laptop not turning on yet when I open the game or what but that seems likely. I haven’t tried the window audio service try yet.
  • m0nk3nm0nk3n subnautica Join Date: 2018-02-11 Member: 237402Members
    edited February 2018
    RdyRose wrote: »
    m0nk3n wrote: »

Yes I’ve tried both of those.

Bit of development, I have found that if I turn on my laptop, sign in, and then leave it alone to turn on and boot up for like 30+ minuets then the game will open fine on first try. So I’m not sure if the issue is a program on my laptop not turning on yet when I open the game or what but that seems likely. I haven’t tried the window audio service try yet.

uninstall preinstalled software that came with the laptop. it's useless and takes up alot of ram during startup and for the entirety of the "on" time of the laptop, among other things. and just clutters the hdd\ssd
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Get yourself a nice Samsung EVO 850 SSD and swap your hard drive out for that. Windows boots in about 10 seconds, ready to load programs. However they're quite pricey. Personally, I use my regular hard disk for storing slow data (videos, downloads, photos, documents, the odd program that I only use once in a while, etc) and the 250 GB SSD for the OS and any programs I have set to open on boot + any that need to load fast. You can of course get larger SSDs.

• subnautica1434subnautica1434 nowhere Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238197Members