[VR] Almost killed by beacon naming interface

MagResPolarBearMagResPolarBear Join Date: 2017-07-09 Member: 231702Members
I thought I'd give subnautica a go in VR. Seems to work fairly well with a controller, but placing a beacon nearly killed me. Out of sheer habit, I activated the beacon to rename it, and then got stuck in the name interface. There was no way to spell out anything with the VR headset or controller, movement was locked, I couldn't move the cursor over the OK button to get out of the menu and none of the buttons I pressed on the controller seemed to do ANYTHING. I JUST managed to find the keyboard and mouse in time so that I could hit escape and then swim to the surface. Almost drowned!

Oh, and the blasted Mesmerfish messes with the viewing direction (which is fine, I guess) and it doesn't reset afterwards. I spent a good few minutes being thoroughly disorientated because I knew I was looking forwards, but my view was looking down. You can reset the view by opening your PDA, but that took me a minute to figure out. Not exactly obvious :(.

Comments

• shinyshiny Connecticut Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238448Members
    Yah, same problem. If you turn off gaze-based mouse-pointing, you can rename them, but only if you are skillful enough to use a keyboard while holding down the A button on your controller while typing and also wearing a VR headset. Turn gaze-based mouse-pointing back on if you want to use a Cyclops though. The HUD will kill you with frustration if you don’t.