Can't load save on Switch (67837)

squishysquashsquishysquash Join Date: 2021-05-19 Member: 270357Members
I have two save files on Subnautica for Switch, one which still works (survival) and one that crashes the game when I try to load it (freedom). The crash occurs very consistently when the loading screen reaches "Loading 40℅... Loading world 10℅" which is the same point that I have noticed some strange occurrences on both of my save files. This has been my first time playing Subnautica so I don't know if this happens on other versions, but when it reaches that "Loading 40℅... Loading world 10℅" the game will display "Crush depth now 300 meters" in the middle of the screen. This happened in my freedom save file in the time leading up to when it stopped working and still happens in my survival file. Once before, I have also heard the game play several voice lines at that point in the loading screen. To be clear, my freedom save file no longer displays the crush depth notification and instead crashes the game, leaving the file inaccessible.

I believe this crash happens because I am much farther along in my freedom save file and have multiple vehicles (seamoth, prawn, and cyclops), whereas in my survival file I only have a seamoth. My theory is that the game attempts to display multiple crush depth notifications at the same time during the loading screen. It is also possible that it has something to do with having a seabase in my freedom file and not in my survival file, as I have noticed a large amount of instability while working on it.

Separately I have experienced several crashes while deconstructing ladders and leaving a hatch unconstructed, but I have largely been able to work around these issues. The crush depth notification crash is definitely my biggest concern because it basically leaves the only save file i care about completely unplayable.

Comments