Server Running Ok, Cannot Connect

CyberSEALCyberSEAL Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12137Members
edited January 2003 in General Server Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">After 1.04 update...</div> Hi, I currently have one 16 player NS server going and over the weekend tried to update it to 1.04. It seems to be running ok, I've started it up without the screen command and have watched the console and exec'd some commands after, which it took. However on connect it just kinda hangs and noone can get in (several have tried). It says it's accepted my user as an admin and then that it's initializing and downloading but then it just sits there. Server is Linux, RH 7.2, 2 Ghz P3 w/ 1GB RAM. I'll prolly get it figured out but thought the knowledgeable crowd here may speed it up some for me. Appreciate any input...!

thanks,
Brad

Comments

• CyberSEALCyberSEAL Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12137Members
    edited January 2003
    You'll have to excuse my noobness, I really haven't even played CS in awhile so I'm probably forgetting something here. I think I'm mistaking the server hanging for a download taking place, but I can't tell what's being d/l. The startup screen says "Initializing and Downloading" and my router lights up like it's downloading something. As soon as I stop and exit out so do my lights, anyone know why this occurring? The game is running at 207.44.202.98 if anyone wants to try connecting, would help me once again determine if this is client or server side.

thanks!
  • verboseverbose Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9968Members, Constellation
    RedHat, 1.04, adminmod...

<a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=21068' target='_blank'>http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/in...=ST&f=8&t=21068</a>

I suspect that you'll find your server is crashing every time someone connects.
  • playerhaterplayerhater Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8405Members
    Actually I dont think his server is crashing when someone connects. When I try to use Adminmod on my Redhat server I get the same results with 1.04. Server doesnt crash you just cant connect no one can, but the server remains alive. I didnt dig into it cause I like clanmod better, I was just testing adminmod for fun.
    <!--QuoteBegin--playerhater+Jan 28 2003, 07:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (playerhater @ Jan 28 2003, 07:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Actually I dont think his server is crashing when someone connects. When I try to use Adminmod on my Redhat server I get the same results with 1.04. Server doesnt crash you just cant connect no one can, but the server remains alive. I didnt dig into it cause I like clanmod better, I was just testing adminmod for fun. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you're running HLDS using the hlds_run script, it'll auto-restart after a crash. Have you watched the console while someone connects?
  • CyberSEALCyberSEAL Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12137Members
    Yeh I was kinda thinking adminmod too, I read that sticky thread but they only talked about RH 7.3 and 8, I'm running 7.2, I shoulda known better than to think I was safe though...
    <!--QuoteBegin--CyberSEAL+Jan 28 2003, 07:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CyberSEAL @ Jan 28 2003, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yeh I was kinda thinking adminmod too, I read that sticky thread but they only talked about RH 7.3 and 8, I'm running 7.2, I shoulda known better than to think I was safe though... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Pull adminmod out of your metamod plugins.ini, then see if it works.