Question About Perfect Bullet Spread

sushibugsushibug Join Date: 2003-01-26 Member: 12788Members
<div class="IPBDescription">meaning, no spread</div> i was on a pub server and my friend was spelling out an admins name with bullet holes. he could achieve straight bullet holes up and down. and sideways. it was a perfect line if you connected all the dots. now, i know for a fact he doesnt cheat. he's computer illiterate. i was also the person that installed natural selection on his computer for him. only one other person out of 11 could duplicate that. and he didnt say how he did it. anyone know why? fyi, i couldnt do it myself either.

Comments

• MedHeadMedHead Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11115Members, Constellation
    This is possible by disabling mouselook and aiming with the keyboard.
  • ZelZel Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12861Members
    i think a pistol will do that.
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    A pistol will hit exactly where you aim it, and he could achieve perfect vertical and horizontal lines using the keyboard.
  • JowerJower Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13448Members
    I can get perfect lines with mouse...
  • SoulSkorpionSoulSkorpion Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 423Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Typhon+Mar 18 2003, 04:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Typhon @ Mar 18 2003, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> A pistol will hit exactly where you aim it, and he could achieve perfect vertical and horizontal lines using the keyboard. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It doesn't, actually. Near perfect, but not pixel perfect. It's very close, but it's not Falcon 2 close.
  • masterswordmanmasterswordman Join Date: 2002-12-21 Member: 11303Members
    Well, you pretty much won't see the difference
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    The bullet holes are drawn client-side anyway, so there shouldn't be too much to worry about, right?
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I thought everyone said its a bug. To YOU, the shots look normal, spread and all, with any of the MGs, but to other people on the server, it looks like it is totally without spread- ie pinpoint... can someone with a 2 computer LAN test this please?
  • ZelZel Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12861Members
    in accordance with Align's post, ive noticed that if you watch someone beside you firing HMG or LMG it will always seem to skew off to the lower left of the cone. the player firing sees the cone and the skulk gets hit within the cone, but his bullet marks go 90% in one spot.

bullet marks are drawn client side, they are added decals like kharaa blood splotches, each client sees a randomly different set of blood splotches because it is calculated with a randomness on each client's machine. i can set my max decals to 4 and never get a mass of them drawn anywhere (looks like crap but gives slower computers some performance boost without hindering sight) or you can change how far from the wall the decals are drawn, yes they do actually float a millimeter off the wall. (if they were on the wall they would get that shimmery half-in-hgalf-out effect youg et when looking at the middle of an IP on level ground)
  • TieomTieom Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1774Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--SoulSkorpion+Mar 18 2003, 08:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SoulSkorpion @ Mar 18 2003, 08:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--Typhon+Mar 18 2003, 04:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Typhon @ Mar 18 2003, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> A pistol will hit exactly where you aim it, and he could achieve perfect vertical and horizontal lines using the keyboard. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It doesn't, actually. Near perfect, but not pixel perfect. It's very close, but it's not Falcon 2 close. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    As is evident on missile command. If you could zoom, it would be killer if it weren't for that tiny inaccuracy.