Good news and bad news...

RebornReborn Join Date: 2002-06-24 Member: 814Members
The good news is, I am starting a mapping team for NS. Mike G, a.k.a. "Fuzzy No No", will be helping me make maps for NS. The bad news is kinda hard to say. I've looked at several other maps for NS, and, sadly, ns_precinct doesn't look at all like the other ones. To put it firmly, ns_precinct looks "too cheery". The atmosphere would feel more like a prison massacred by alien invaders if there were scattered blood splotches and the like. Unfortunately, that is not the nature of NS. Saying this just kills me on the inside. Ns_precinct is now being dumped as a level. There, I said it. More good news, however, is that I am working on another level, with the perfect theme for NS.
It's called ns_proteus, and it's about a space probe whose destination was never reached due to an alien aggressor. Months after its attack, the Proteus started heading for Earth, with alien activity in the cargo holds and engine room. This will be a good level, I can tell you that. It will have plenty of eye-candy and well-balanced gameplay in the final version, allowing you to have plenty of fun.

Comments

• Parse_ErrorParse_Error Join Date: 2002-03-18 Member: 331Members
    I am sooo sorry to here that you are trashing your map.
    <span style='color:#222222'>AHAHAHAHAHAHA</span>
  • RebornReborn Join Date: 2002-06-24 Member: 814Members
    My newest map, ns_proteus, is going great, though. I'm almost finished with the readyroom, and it has more architecture in it than all of my original level, ns_precinct. I'll have screenshots up on NS World tomorrow.