Some Mouse Buttons Not Work When You're Comming?

the_draftthe_draft Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16977Members
edited August 2003 in Tech Support
<div class="IPBDescription">Mouse 4 and 5 unbound?</div> I have a Logitech MX700 mouse. It's got 8(!) buttons total, but only 5 are useful for gaming. Obviously mouse 1 and 2, then mouse 3 is the mwheel click, and there's two thumb buttons, which show up as 4 and 5 in Half Life. I bind voice chat to mouse5, and it's very convenient to be able to talk without moving my hand from the WASD keys.
Anyway, it works fine, unless I'm comming. If I hop in the comm chair, neither mouse4 or 5 are recognized. If I leave the chair, they work fine again. Is there a fix for this?

Edit: I am running the latest mouseware. I guess that means the problem is in HL or NS itself.

Comments

• DraugluinDraugluin Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1824Members, Constellation
    I have a Logitech MX500 and I have the same problem. I am NOT running any Logitech software. I tried bind mouse5 "say hi" and it works fine outside the com chair. Once I enter the com chair it doesn't work.
  • SillyGooseSillyGoose Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14572Members, Constellation
    Ive always had that same problem, and I also have a Logitech MX500.
  • LokusLokus Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2106Members
    I too have this problem. I have a MS Intellimouse Explorer.
  • LockNLoadedLockNLoaded Join Date: 2002-09-05 Member: 1282Members
    same here.

apparently, when in comm mode it only recognizes mouse 1 and 2. I cant use my mouse3 (scroll) for voicecomm altho it works in normal mode.
  • ElvenThiefElvenThief aka Elven Thief (ex. NS Programmer) Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8754Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    All your mouse buttons get rebound when you jump in the comm chair.

In order to continue using a mouse button for voice when you jump in, rebind it in console, or run a script to bind it when you jump in the command chair (exec comm.cfg or something of the sort- you have to make it on your own), or lastly, use a different key for voice.