Staying Up All Night

2»

Comments

• sekdarsekdar Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9564Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--SoulSkorpion+Aug 12 2003, 01:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SoulSkorpion @ Aug 12 2003, 01:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Conversely, lots of people feel really sleepy when they just woke up. Especially after sleeping in. That shouldn't make sense, because they've just rested well - it's because sleepyness and fatigue aren't the same thing. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    how do i cure this?
  • BogglesteinskyBogglesteinsky Join Date: 2002-12-24 Member: 11488Members
  • Crunchy1Crunchy1 Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19454Members
    but what da hells da point?
  • mojojojomojojojo Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2017Members
    Try flying transatlantic (or any long haul flights, for that matter). If you're like me, and generally dislike being crammed into small spaces with lots of other people, you won't be able to sleep. Then you get the fun of trying to stay up longer to avoid jet lag.

I find things start to go a bit wierd around 26-27 hours up.

I've had to stay up for stupidly long times to appreciate sleep.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited August 2003
    Drink that new caffeinated 7Up. I can't fall asleep. I stayed up for 2 days straight, I downed half of a case.

That stuff is addicting, what the hell do they put in this, Slurm?
  • Dirty_Harry_PotterDirty_Harry_Potter Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9500Members
    AKUUUUUU!

/me takes out katana and chops mojojojo into small pieces

ontopic: yea i hate long flying trips too, and i get so tired on the trips but i just cant/wont sleep...
  • ZelZel Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12861Members
    Personally, i like to go 18 hours waking, 13 hours sleeping, but that doesnt work in a world where everyone else runs on 24 hours. so on my off days, every night im up about 4 hours later than before, i kinda rotate around the rest of the world's schedule >:) sucks having to get up at the same time every day though.
  • LigerLiger Join Date: 2003-07-08 Member: 18026Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Zel+Aug 12 2003, 12:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Zel @ Aug 12 2003, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Personally, i like to go 18 hours waking, 13 hours sleeping, but that doesnt work in a world where everyone else runs on 24 hours. so on my off days, every night im up about 4 hours later than before, i kinda rotate around the rest of the world's schedule >:) sucks having to get up at the same time every day though. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Indeed, those of us with 36+ hour sleep cycles should get togather and form a country.
  • RenegadeRenegade Old school Join Date: 2002-03-29 Member: 361Members
    You're lucky you have trouble staying up at night. Due to my insomnia, I'll be awake for upwards of 24 hours without breaking a sweat. It's not fun, trust me.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--QuoteBegin--sekdar+Aug 12 2003, 08:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (sekdar @ Aug 12 2003, 08:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--SoulSkorpion+Aug 12 2003, 01:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SoulSkorpion @ Aug 12 2003, 01:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Conversely, lots of people feel really sleepy when they just woke up. Especially after sleeping in. That shouldn't make sense, because they've just rested well - it's because sleepyness and fatigue aren't the same thing. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    how do i cure this? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think a lot of this has to do with dehydration.