Disabling F4

DG_ScoobyDG_Scooby Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12384Members, Constellation
edited August 2003 in General Server Discussion
How you disable the use of using f4? I am getting tired of people f4'ing because they are losing.

Comments

• DG_ScoobyDG_Scooby Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12384Members, Constellation
    Is there a way to disable this?
  • ThinGThinG Lord of wub and vlaai Join Date: 2003-04-11 Member: 15400Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2003
    Not afaik

If you ask this as a player:
    Play on servers where F4 is punishable (see sig amongst others)

If you ask this as a server operator:
    ask in the server forums
  • EnemyWithinEnemyWithin Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5572Members
    If you disable F4, people will just "retry" the server for the same result. The ability to F4 isn't the problem. The problem is the people doing it. Just try to educate them on when you feel it's ok, and not ok, to F4.
  • saubloedsaubloed Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3996Members
    edited August 2003
    If you are interested: Voogrus bugfix has a quick jointeamone/jointeamtwo/readyroom (f4) block.
    <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=42490' target='_blank'>http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/in...=ST&f=8&t=42490</a>
  • TriggerHappyGorgeTriggerHappyGorge Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 17987Members
    Kind of like training a dog where not to do his buisness, and when he dosnt learn, you bring out your shotgun. Except, just train the nubs when to f4, and when they f4 at a bad time, you bring out the admin abuse.
  • FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members
    u can do a metamod plugin that blocks the readyroom command... but then people would retry, like EnemyWithin said...
  • SpecialAgent82SpecialAgent82 Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19441Members
    I use mp_autoconcede 8 to prevent this issue.
  • XodlikeXodlike Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16985Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you disable F4, people will just "retry" the server for the same result. The ability to F4 isn't the problem. The problem is the people doing it. Just try to educate them on when you feel it's ok, and not ok, to F4. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    voogru has disabled the command retry on his server and i really dont know how im guessing its ns admin
    or maybe just a plugin to amx or admin mod....still they could just disconnect and reconnect hmmmm maybe i should make a plugin where if someone disconnects from ur server it wont let him in again for a specified amount of time only controlable by admin