Mp_teamxhandicap

voodoocvoodooc Join Date: 2002-12-26 Member: 11560Members
<div class="IPBDescription">can we get this enabled in casual mode?</div> According to the server faq, the handicap settings only work in tourney mode.

I'm trying to write an autohandicap plugin to help combat team stacking on our public server. I want to be able to dynamically change those handicap settings.

I havent tried it yet, but according to TFM it shouldn't work.

How hard would this be to enable?

Thanks,

vc

Comments

• verboseverbose Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9968Members, Constellation
    If the values of those handicap variables are only checked when tournament mode is on, and you want them to work with tourney mode off, you're in for a challenge. One option is to edit the actual NS compiled code, in a similar fashion to authoring a "don't need the CD in to play" hack; Changing a "jump if not equal" or few to a "jump if equal", vice-versa, or something similar. 'Course, you have to determine where to edit first. A task better left to the dedicated experts. Here there be dragons.

A much easier route would be a metamod plugin to hook into the damage dealing/receiving routines, and modify the values yourself. Emulate the existing handicap functions.
  • voodoocvoodooc Join Date: 2002-12-26 Member: 11560Members
    futzing with the binary is not my idea of a good time.

I'm trying to keep the autohandicap plugin as an AMX plugin, in small, to keep it simple. Ive never coded metamod and wouldn't know where to start.

I'm more interested in whether the devs would consider allowing us to enable something like this, and mp_friendlyfire, in non-tourney mode in a future patch.
  • voodoocvoodooc Join Date: 2002-12-26 Member: 11560Members