Commander Help

ScuzballScuzball Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20657Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">how to give different orders</div> Well, the subtitle should explain it all. I've recieved all kinds of crazy, useful orders as a marine, like Defend target, Weld target at waypoint, Build Structure at waypoint, and the like. When I comm, all I can manage is 'move to waypoint' by right clicking on the ground. If I select rines and then drop a structure, I know they recieve the 'build at wp' order, but how do you specify the others?

Comments

• LitoLito Join Date: 2003-09-04 Member: 20560Members
    I usually do it unintentionally. So that means i don't press any special buttons. That means that it must be where you click not what you click with. Of course i could be wrong.
  • Acidophilus_CulturesAcidophilus_Cultures Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19325Members
    Yes, it depends on where you click.

Buildings : Defend target
    Welder spot (marked with a symbol on the map): Weld here or something
    Marine: Defend Target
    Alien: Attack target
    Alien buildings (not enabled)
    Unbuilt building: Build structure at waypoint
    Terrain: Move to waypoint

Think that's it..

Ctrl 1-9 also gives squads.. like in strat.games
  • ElvenThiefElvenThief aka Elven Thief (ex. NS Programmer) Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8754Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    It was a little easier to do in 1.04. Now, you usually just get a "go to waypoint" unless the commander is VERY precise and clicks on the appropriate items. It's currently pretty tough to do.
  • BlueNovemberBlueNovember hax Join Date: 2003-02-28 Member: 14137Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Acidophilus Cultures+Sep 9 2003, 07:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Acidophilus Cultures @ Sep 9 2003, 07:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    Ctrl 1-9 also gives squads.. like in strat.games <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    1-9 or 1-5?

There are only 5 squads that show up, but there could be 9. I haven't checked. You sure?
  • ScuzballScuzball Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20657Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's true, I was having extreme trouble clicking directly ON things. I kept getting 'move' orders. There's like a 5x5 pixel square where you can click on the building, and I havn't been able to find it. That's why I hoped there was a key you could press or something to give a different order.

There SHOULD be anyway ;p