Steam & Map

DeathbobDeathbob Join Date: 2003-10-10 Member: 21574Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Map not Found??????????</div> This is more about half life in general than ns but i make my map, put it in
c:/prog.../steam/steamapps/@/half-life/valve/maps and it sais map not found when i try to load it. This is a HL single player map, not ns. I would post ythis at steam but their forum wont let me post.

Comments

• DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This belongs in the newbie forum for one, secondly since it isn't NS related I would say it belongs on a Half-Life Single Player Board, for General HL Mapping, not NS. Not to mention I can't understand your problem since you didn't really give us much. Compile log maybe? To see where the BSP is being generated and placed.?

~ DarkATi
  • DeathbobDeathbob Join Date: 2003-10-10 Member: 21574Members
    one, im no noob, but steam is pissin me off, I used to put may maps in valve/maps in the halflife folder.
    I put the map there now int the steam halflife/valve/maps folder and it sais not found. It worked befor installing steam.
  • Cash_Car_StarCash_Car_Star Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6448Members
    Steam has wrecked a bit of havok on the map-making populace by rerouting all the paths and hiding wadfiles and whatnot. The @ you have listed as a folder should be your whole e-mail address, not just an @. There should already be a folder there. Also, there is a hyphen in /half-life/

Whenever you have a problem finding a file, ALWAYS look through your C:\ drive via windows to see if the file actually exists and whether it's in the right place or not. Quite often the problem is obvious when you do this, yet the number of people who don't bother is ridiculous.
  • DeathbobDeathbob Join Date: 2003-10-10 Member: 21574Members
    I have cheacked the folder, above i was not paing atention and typing fast. It is my e-amil and i put the map in the steam-halflife folder instead of the sierra-halflife. When steam was installed it removed the old one and replaced it with its own and now nothing works right.