Do Hives Heal Themselves?

BallistoBallisto Join Date: 2003-05-19 Member: 16503Members
<div class="IPBDescription">never really knew</div> im wondering... do hives heal themselves? and do d/cs make the hives heal faster? do d/cs and hives stack for healing aliens and other structures?

Comments

• a_civiliana_civilian Likes seeing numbers Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12041Members, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead
    edited November 2003
    Yes, hives heal themselves, yes, defense chambers can heal hives, and yes, healing does stack from hives and defense chambers.
  • gekigariongekigarion Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20172Members
    Gorges can heal hives with their Healspray as well.

And I'd advise doing that in dire situations, because the healspray heals about 100 Health for the Hive per spray.
  • Anonymous_CowardAnonymous_Coward Join Date: 2003-08-15 Member: 19768Members
    Hives heal themselves like Resource Towers heal themselves.
  • Umbraed_MonkeyUmbraed_Monkey Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9922Members
    Listen for the tell-tale regeneration noise. Everything that regens make that noise when they regenerate health.
  • a_civiliana_civilian Likes seeing numbers Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12041Members, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead
    <!--QuoteBegin--Anonymous Coward+Nov 19 2003, 12:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Anonymous Coward @ Nov 19 2003, 12:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hives heal themselves like Resource Towers heal themselves.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I believe they do use their healing ability on themselves, as opposed to simply using the slow self repair of every alien structure. I do know that hives produce the regeneration sound while healing, and I know that the aforementioned slow self repair doesn't make any noise. That would seem to indicate that they use their healing ability on themselves.

Or perhaps I mistook your point there.
  • taboofirestaboofires Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9853Members
    Yeah, and the natural healing rate of all kharaa structures is really slow, so you'd probably not notice it (or really care).

For those of you who played a lot of 1.04, there was a major bug that make hives not heal themselves correctly (2hp per regen tick, instead of 20). If you come from that background, don't worry: it got fixed.
  • Anonymous_CowardAnonymous_Coward Join Date: 2003-08-15 Member: 19768Members
    Eh, you're probably right. Seems wierd though.
  • PegenatorPegenator Join Date: 2002-12-21 Member: 11269Members
    But remember, the hive doesn't heal itself while it's being built!
  • Barneys_SoulBarneys_Soul Join Date: 2003-08-18 Member: 19896Members
    edited November 2003
    ya it does it regens ALOT of hps if it get atked,if u look at its hps whens its getin atken,then after te atk itl be regenerating at bout 300hps per sec

PS:im talken bout when its getin built
    That's different. It's not really healing, it's just having its current hp go up as fast as its max hp. When it's done building, it will still be damaged, and will heal from there.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Can someone get on a server with the hivehealth plugin(or whatever the plugin is called) and check, the last time I was on such a server(2.0) it healed itself with like 3.5 per tick...
  • J3kJ3k Join Date: 2003-09-04 Member: 20562Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Umbraed Monkey+Nov 19 2003, 12:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Umbraed Monkey @ Nov 19 2003, 12:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Listen for the tell-tale regeneration noise. Everything that regens make that noise when they regenerate health. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    unless it has silence ..hehe
    <!--QuoteBegin--Align+Nov 25 2003, 12:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Align @ Nov 25 2003, 12:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Can someone get on a server with the hivehealth plugin(or whatever the plugin is called) and check, the last time I was on such a server(2.0) it healed itself with like 3.5 per tick... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Last I checked, it healed itself the same as it heals everything else, as it should. As I mentioned before, it didn't work right in 1.04.

There could have easily been other things healing the hive too, which makes it pretty hard to tell how fast it's healing.
  • GeronimoGeronimo Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11056Members
    oh how paranoid you were in 1.0x when you never knew wheter the hive was badly hurt or not, and you couldnt rely on it to heal for itself...
  • MrPinkMrPink Join Date: 2002-05-28 Member: 678Members
    -The hive heals itself 7 health per second
    -It can be healed by defence chambers or gorges
    -Defence chambers heal at 10 health per tick (I believe), while gorges heal it at around 15 health per health spray (yes, it's that low)
    -It can be healed by gorges and defence chambers when building, however it does not heal itself while building
    -The hive starts at full health at the beginning of the game
    -When you first start a hive building it has 3000 health and as it builds gains health up to 6000 (which is it's total health when at full) until it finishes