Weirdest Sucsessfull Tactic

2»

Comments

• roqaliciousroqalicious Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11981Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Cypher---GorgeLover+Nov 27 2003, 10:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cypher---GorgeLover @ Nov 27 2003, 10:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The "5 IPs outside the hive" rush.

It was posted some time during 1.04, but it worked...crazy <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Funny thing is this works just as good as the 3 IP's outside the hive rush because....well only 3 marines can spawn at a time!

=)
  • DeathdroneDeathdrone Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18963Members
    My best was stuffing up phase gate placement and winding up with one stuck in the large vertical sewer pipe in Caged sewer hive. Marines phased into that tiny room, built up a TF and Siege, then sold the phase.
    Totally un-killable.
    In the same map, the comm managed to get a small set-up under the level near Generator hive, don't know how, but the entire team ended up crammed into this _tiny_ space and were unable to get out of it, unless we tried building PG's thru the wall, in which case we were promptly chomped by Onoses and blink-o-rama fades.
    Game ended when the aliens were sick to death of Generator and Sewer dying over and over again and f4'ed after 90 minutes or so.
    I know its hardly a valid "tactic", more exploitation, but it sure was fun!

-DD
  • NiteowlNiteowl Join Date: 2002-09-04 Member: 1274Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    <!--QuoteBegin--pandas|RoQ+Dec 7 2003, 11:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (pandas|RoQ @ Dec 7 2003, 11:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    Funny thing is this works just as good as the 3 IP's outside the hive rush because....well only 3 marines can spawn at a time!

=) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i think i asked in nsquestions about this. it USED to be 3 at a time. but now it's as many ips as you have up.
  • VictimVictim Join Date: 2003-09-26 Member: 21243Members
    Veil: We relocated to emergency nozzle C-12 and won. Our commander was always getting out of the chair and running to reinforce some area too.

There's also the nomad marines ploy. If phases aren't up or in the right area, the heavy train away from base won't be able to get back in time to save it. Sometimes, the comm just relocates everything to where ever the marines are. And then the heavies move to attack another hive/strongpoint and base comes under attack. Rinse and Repeat.
  • Doobie_DanDoobie_Dan Join Date: 2003-10-23 Member: 21892Members, Constellation
    That's fun if you have unlimited res, otherwise it spells your doom.