Game Error

ChronoChrono Local flyboy Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Members
<div class="IPBDescription">client.dll</div> yesterday ns was running perfectly fine today i woke up and i tried to join a server and it says cannot load library c:/sierra/halflife/ns/cl-dll/client.dll any ideas whats wrong here?

Comments

• NS_ApostleNS_Apostle Join Date: 2003-12-12 Member: 24269Members
    I dont like giving this advice, as it doesnt really tell whats wrong. But id just reinstall. A file could have been deleted/corrupted and since you didnt have anything to do with the error, their isnt really anyway to backtrack. So yeah, id just try and reinstall.

also: Did you go to c:/sierra/halflife/ns/cl-dll/ and try to find "client.dll"?
  • KisanKisan Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18564Members
    This happened to me when i installed Sven Co-op 3.0 for WON. When i connected to an ns server I got that error.
    Reinstalling Natural-Selection fixed the problem for me. Move you current ns folder somewhere that you will remember it. Install ns again, delete your new ns folder and replace it with the one that you backed up.
    Worked for me. ^_^
  • ByekaByeka Name changed from Freak83 Toronto Join Date: 2003-03-13 Member: 14484Members, Constellation
    The Sven Co-op thing must be what caused this cause I just got the same error and was making a quick check before I posted this thread... dang, didn't want to have to delete and reinstall NS but if that's what it takes...
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    same thing happened to me. I might not have installed sven if I had known. Seems like a waste to reinstall now, just before a new release but I might as well.
  • ChronoChrono Local flyboy Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Members
    alright i reinstalled worked perfectly but the wierd thing is i also installed svencoop for won i think some one should contact them and let them know something is up with the installed that they compiled