"ex_maxerrordistance"

GringoBoy87GringoBoy87 Join Date: 2003-12-23 Member: 24702Members
<div class="IPBDescription">need help fixing it</div> alright, i'm not too savy when it comes to screwing around with computers. i need to get this bug fixed but i dont have that file that is needed. and i dont know how to make it. thought someone here would be willing to help me out.

Comments

• NS_ApostleNS_Apostle Join Date: 2003-12-12 Member: 24269Members
    1) Go to whereever NS is installed (mine is in C:\Sierra\Counterstrike\Ns)
    2) In your NS Directory, right click and make a txt file, name it: "userconfig.cfg" (IF YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE ONE)
    3) Open userconfig.cfg
    4) Add the line: alias "ex_maxerrordistance" "" EXACTLY like that, with alias, the quotes, and the double quotes at the end.

Save it and your done! lemme know if that works too.
  • GringoBoy87GringoBoy87 Join Date: 2003-12-23 Member: 24702Members
    alright, i havent done it yet but what does this bug do exactly? for example, i sometimes cant switch weapons and cant see my text. are these problems related to this bug (or whatever it is) in any way?
  • GringoBoy87GringoBoy87 Join Date: 2003-12-23 Member: 24702Members
    well i did it and the issues with switching weapons disappeared and i can see my text. but i still see the error message. i'm not sure if it worked or not. and also i'm having issues with the audio. maybe its just my computer.
  • DomnatrDomnatr Join Date: 2003-12-23 Member: 24660Members, Constellation
    make sure u saved the file after you made the changes. if need be, resave it over your old one by the Save As way, and make sure u resave it as a .cfg file. I had the same problem, i did what was needed and it has worked perfectly for me since.