Help With Video Mode

NefarioussxNefarioussx Join Date: 2004-01-21 Member: 25554Members
hi i have a P4 1.5 ghz processor, just upgraded to windows xp, got steam, and a geforce 2 video card. For some reason since I got windows XP I can't seem to play in OPEN GL mode anymore in NS or CS. I was hoping someone could help me with this or give me some suggestions about how to get that working again, thanks.

Comments

• ZopharZophar Join Date: 2003-06-11 Member: 17266Members
    The first and most obvious attempt at a solution would be to make sure that you have the latest video card drivers and all other drivers you need. Also, it would be nice to know what you mean by you "can't play in OpenGL mode anymore!" I mean, does it exit when you start and give you an error? Or is the game looking all weird? What really is the non-playable problem present?
  • NefarioussxNefarioussx Join Date: 2004-01-21 Member: 25554Members
    oh alright, when I set it to open gl mode at 800x600 in the options menu it closes the CS screen and goes back to my desktop and a small error window comes up saying the specified video mode is not supported, The game will now run in software mode.
  • devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    What did you do before opengl stopped working? (And don't say nothing, it wouldn't just stop working by itself)
    Did you try: Updating the drivers?
    Windowsupdate?
    AV Scan?
    Adware scan?
    Defrag?
    Scandisk?
    Reinstalling NS?
    Reinstalling the drivers?
    Seeing if other OpenGl apps work?