Is This A Server Mod Or A Bug?

KotchKotch Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21141Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Getting more level points after lvl 10</div> Was playing on this one server, which I forgot the name, but played lerk. After half an hour or so on a combat map I had upgraded a lot. I then noticed that I had 7 upgrades researched, plus umbra. Now you do the math...that's 10 points that I used and normally you only get 9. The next round I played closer attention. After I reached level 10, the bar didn't move but it eventually gave me another point. This round I got 11 points and had a lerk with 8 upgrades and hive 2 abilities.

So is the a bug or a server mod? Pretty cool if you ask me. I wish this was standard. Of course after an hour of play you would have an alien team of all onos with 9 upgrades...that's hard to stop. But the maries would have lvl 3 armor with lvl 3 weapons...somthing that can't be done right now if you're a heavy with an HMG.

Comments

• SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Their is defenatly a bug where you can get 11 upgrades.
    It is if you die while gestateing at a certain level.
    You respawn with the upgrade you where getting but without spending the level you where useing up.
  • Roger_DodgerRoger_Dodger Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14392Members
    What i'd like to see is all aliens starting at level zero, therefore getting 10 levels to upgrade not 9 as it currently is. If you havent noticed there is no level one upgrade.

To me that would make more sense and having the extra upgrade allows a little more flexibility in strategies. Although having the extra upgrade could mean slightly longer games?

Just doesnt seem kosher starting as level one when you havent killed anything plus you can have another title added for the level name.

11 upgrades seems abit much i dunno.

- RD
  • KotchKotch Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21141Members
    It happened two rounds in a row and I don't remember being killed as an egg.
  • VerthandiVerthandi Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10687Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited February 2004
    Perhaps it had something to do with this...
    <a href='http://www.modns.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=323' target='_blank'>NS:C pwn Mode</a>
  • AgulfAgulf Join Date: 2004-02-26 Member: 26914Members
    Heres a funny screen from beta 2:
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    yea it's not a bug. it's a server plugin made by voogru.
  • Major_ChromeMajor_Chrome Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11096Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yer, its fun for a while, then the fact that over powered aliens win everytime made it lose its fun, and it was removed from the voogru.com servers. However, it is fun every now and then, and it is a server side mod.