Client.dll Error

Bobby-OBobby-O Join Date: 2003-12-23 Member: 24709Members
Not sure how descriptive I can be on this, but I'm getting a recurring error whenever I try to run natural selection. CS DOD TFC HL OF all work fine but when I try to run Natural Selection I get this error:

Your dll [cl_dlls\client.dll]differs from the server’s.

System Specs: AMD Athlon XP 1300, 256mb of ram, ASUS Radeon 9200se/td, motherboard is a ASUS A7V133 running windows XP ver. 2002

I just installed ns 3.0 all over again, installed the beta patch properly and even reinstalled it but for some weird reason I keep getting that message.

I hope this helps some if not I'll post it in a diff. forum.

Comments

• xqninexqnine Join Date: 2004-01-18 Member: 25454Members
    first off this is not tech support!!

seccond did you install the beta 3 patch? (dl beta 3.0 then the beta 3.0 3 patch?)

this is prob going to be move/locked...
  • Bobby-OBobby-O Join Date: 2003-12-23 Member: 24709Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-xqnine+Mar 10 2004, 09:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (xqnine @ Mar 10 2004, 09:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> first off this is not tech support!!

seccond did you install the beta 3 patch? (dl beta 3.0 then the beta 3.0 3 patch?)

this is prob going to be move/locked... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    did you read this part?

:I just installed ns 3.0 all over again, installed the beta patch properly and even reinstalled it but for some weird reason I keep getting that message.

so yeah I did that
  • freakofnaturefreakofnature Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9624Members, Constellation
    That error means one of 2 things, you don't have the right version of NS, or the server you were connecting to didn't. Chances are it is your end. Try deleting all of the files that the beta installed and start over, and make sure you have beta 3 installed and that it says it was succesful
  • TH_PapaSmurfTH_PapaSmurf Join Date: 2003-11-20 Member: 23240Members
    Ya, there are 3 different NS 3.0 Beta patches, be sure the server you're connecting to is running the same NS 3.0 Beta patch that you are. I believe most servers are now running NS 3.0 Beta 3.