Santa Cruz 420

That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
edited April 2007 in Discussions
<div class="IPBDescription">What could the UC system do?</div>So basically I went on vacation from on the 19-21st and one of the main reasons was to go to <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er8zOJU4SII" target="_blank">Porter field</a> on UCSC campus. This was my first time going so I didn't really believe it. There was probably minumun 3000 people there, and they were pretty much all smoking Marijuana. The only presence of the man was a crew of fire fighters and a tanker, and walking out of the field there were cops directing traffic / crosswalk. I saw a couple cops ripping up vendor signs. It's illegal to sell food and drinks on campus without a permit. I'm sure they had under cover cops going around, the mantra was "Don't buy or sell" but I still saw people going around hawking special edibles. It seems that UCSC people know about it, and provide for infrastructure just to assure public safety. If you look at the start of the video that statue is up on a 1/4 mile hill, and the field is down and in the trees.

I think it's kinda hard to stop something like this, and I heard rumours of the field being closed and people planning to flashmob elsewhere.

Do you think the SC administration is taking a good stance on this event? Apparently it's been happening every year now for some time.

[edit]
fixed one of my horrid spelling errors
[/edit]