Interesting Players 2

SariselSarisel .::' ( O ) ';:-. .-.:;' ( O ) '::. Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18557Members, Constellation
I've been playing for some time now off and on and everytime I play there's always that one server with these Immaculate players that are ALWAYS 2-45 regardless of whether they're on marines or aliens. For some odd reason these players are able to empty their clip faster than other players but don't hit AT ALL. Likewise, they run in straight lines at groups of marines OVER AND OVER again. But nobody ever talks about them or even notices, probably because there are just so many of them. Whenever they're killed, these players mostly say nothing while others say scripts (and that they really don't have the time to do all this scripting crap they hear).

These people tend to be completely useless as team-mates and usually end up getting spawncamped. When you're trying to regroup (to reload for example), you find yourself surrounded by a mob of these players and unable to move as a group of equally bad players from aliens decends upon you. Ever had a moment where you can't retreat, can't move, and can't shoot because your team-mates are ALL AROUND YOU blocking your escape and shots? Ever find yourself killing the commander and spawncamping all the marines single-handedly while the rest of your team CAPS NODES and BUILDS OCS? Then when you ask why you got no backup, the reply is "you shouldn't have spawn-camped them in the first place"? Ever find yourself in a position where you go from 3 hives to 1, losing 2 hives in 2 minutes because your team-mates are building OCS near marine start while the marines are sieging the hives? I'm sure there are many other bad stories worth sharing out there.

I used to be able to find a 30ish ping server no problem. The only servers with players(not bots) these days have about 100 ping. But these bad players make up 90% of any server now. What can I do about them? Handing out scripts and settings doesn't seem to help. All they do, when they decide to say anything, is complain about how they are being steamrolled regardless of which side they join. I'm not the best player, but I'd like to think I'm at least slightly above average. Even if I am much worse at NS than I think, how is it that I am surrounded by players 1000000000x worse than I am? Please do give me some honest feedback, thank you.

saraph

Let me clarify I'm from Canada, and I count 4-5 servers that are filled with non-bot players sometimes.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.