NS3

mHttmHtt Join Date: 2004-11-03 Member: 32617Members
edited July 2007 in NS General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">What do you think?</div>Yeah, seems kind of silly to be talking about NS3, while NS2 isn't even out yet, but that also means that certain game mechanics, and design choices are set in stone, and can't be re done until a whole new game. That's where my ideas come along. My intention is to get debate started on where NS can go, from where it is.

Rines are too strong early, up aliens start hp to 100|30.
Rines have 3 starting weapons (knife, pistol and lmg), aliens only have 2, bite and cite. this can be evened, any suggestions for a fair, 3rd skulk ability?

Allow further evolution, for rines, technology based, for aliens environment based.

Rine: allow choice of 3 proto based armor upgrades/kits: alien-human hybrid, mech-human hybrid, special ops.
Alies: A map with alot of water allows water based upgrade for all species, same for a lava map, or sky/air map, sand map, as well as maintain base alien evolves for indoors/urban maps.

Water, the essence of life can be as important to each team like res nodes water can be fresh or soiled depending on who used it last (i mean in puddles and pools around the map):
Both teams receive a health benefit from clean water (blue)
Both teams are unaffected by soiled water (yellow)
Gorges can clean water, comm can drop water kits (5) res in water. (5-10 cleaning time both sides?)

Also, eggs receive 500 health bonus for gestating in water, while new rine technology allows any structure in water to heal rines faster (ranged?) (each act soils water)

Anyway just some ideas, i was trying to sleep and couldn't stop thinking of these things, so i figured i'd shared before i forgot them LOL im kind of stoned as well, but i LOVE this game, been playing it since v1.014, and can't wait to see where it goes.

Keep in mind my ideas are meant to generate more ideas, please attempt this in your reply. thanks and see you in teh game!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.