Ideas

SolarCurveSolarCurve Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5829Members
<div class="IPBDescription">New ways to help NS</div>Hi Guys,
I have seen some great ideas on how to help the site be better and there are some great comments that are going to be helpful. Looking at the site from a marketing angle is important to get people the information they need if we do get them here.

What I am doing on my end is getting in touch with websites like 1up.com which have huge user bases and information on thousands of games. They don't have NS or NS2 in their systems or anything about them at all. So I am working with them to get it into their system and get us access to post news, updates, etc.

We need to seek out these type of places and contact them to get the information out there so there is something to report on. Then guerilla marketing with IRC posts, signatures, email lists, etc will come in very handy.

Do you guys know other other gaming communities which could use some NS injection? Lets start a list and start hounding them to add or cover NS. The more people they hear it from the more likely they are to cover it. Can you reply with your sites below?

Comments

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13249Members
    Hmm, like Penny Arcade?

Game Spy?

File Planet?

PC Gamer?

Good idea, NS2 should be in as many game databases as possible.
  • MindmeldmeMindmeldme The Evil One Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1637Members
    Aye, the more places we can get the word and images out to the better. I imagine there are no shortage of sites that would apply so I would suggest everyone just start listing a site they feel is relevent and we should select someone to work with these sites to get information posted.
  • SolarCurveSolarCurve Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5829Members
    Yeah, I was talkign with 1Up.com and they are very interested. Here is their reply. So I think we should work on a press kit if one doesn't exist that we can use to get the information out ourselves and be consisten with wording, imagry, etc.

<i>Hey Paul,
    Is there any way you can send us some info about your games? Press releases, screens, promotional artwork and logos will help us add them to our game database.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Buczek
    1UP.com Production
    Ziff Davis Media\
    SF, CA</i>
  • exoityexoity Join Date: 2003-03-17 Member: 14620Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    A comic on ctrl+alt+del would be amazing because of how many people read it. A comic on Penny Arcade would give NS2 a substantial amount of new players also.