Post your favourite bands

2»

Comments

• QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2007
    No, but I'm digging it. I'm not enjoying the horns as much as I do guitars being used for the same thing(or vocals, even). But otherwise its pretty good.

Let me also say: This ###### needs to get remastered. It'd be ten times as good if I could get even a little crush in here.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    You want to <i>remaster</i> 21st Century Schizoid Man? Whatever for?

When you say horns, which section are you referring to? Because for most of the song both saxophone and guitars are playing basically the same thing (with the exception of the solos in the middle). I think it works really well. You can still hear the guitars, which give it a really driving sound, but with the saxophone layered on top, the sound becomes that much <i>bigger</i> as well.
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1652261:date=Sep 26 2007, 02:40 AM:name=Insane)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Insane @ Sep 26 2007, 02:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1652261"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You want to <i>remaster</i> 21st Century Schizoid Man? Whatever for?

When you say horns, which section are you referring to? Because for most of the song both saxophone and guitars are playing basically the same thing (with the exception of the solos in the middle). I think it works really well. You can still hear the guitars, which give it a really driving sound, but with the saxophone layered on top, the sound becomes that much <i>bigger</i> as well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The remaster would be to add that 'crushing' effect- the same thing you feel when everything is together all of a sudden and its like the sound is weighing down on you- some of my favorite usage of it is in The Mars Volta's stuff.

And by horns, I think I mean the sax- wasn't completely sure, as them playing with the Guitars diludes it a little. I've lost any love for the Saxiphone I once had, unless its done TMV style, which even then is more of a RANDOM NOISE WEWEWARAWRWARWARAWRAR. Just because of the way wind instruments work(with notes that are constant, no vibrato or just human inconsistency), they don't have the effect on me that a good guitar does. The imperfection is what brings the brilliance, in my opinion.