So COD4: MW beta has ended

PerfectionsFlawPerfectionsFlaw Join Date: 2003-02-14 Member: 13555Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I'm left without a beta to play, any suggestions?</div>Officially the COD4: MW beta has ended today. Right after they increased the level cap to 25 and let us play with claymores a little bit. Being an unemployed beta-###### I need something to do. Any suggestions?

Comments

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
  • PerfectionsFlawPerfectionsFlaw Join Date: 2003-02-14 Member: 13555Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1653129:date=Sep 30 2007, 04:24 PM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TychoCelchuuu @ Sep 30 2007, 04:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1653129"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tabula Rasa?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I applied for that about a month before COD4 came out, never got an answer back. Age of Conan is gonna have a beta up in a while, but they require a file off my computer dxdiag which requires that I connect to the internet to Microsoft. Since my computer's legality is <b><i>questionable</i></b> I doubt that'd be a smart move on my part.
    Tabula Rasa is an <a href="http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/tabularasa/open/" target="_blank">open beta</a>.

And I don't see how you can have an illegal computer. There's no way for them to know if the parts are stolen.
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    The OS smarty... the OS.

Does Age of Conan require the .txt that dxdiag creates? You could just BS it if that's the case.
  • RoverRover blargh Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21139Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1653129:date=Sep 30 2007, 10:24 PM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TychoCelchuuu @ Sep 30 2007, 10:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1653129"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tabula Rasa?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fails. It's like wow. With guns. And finding teh glowy things to get information inserted directly into your brain.
    Aww... That sucks. Here I've been trying to find a site that'll let me resume a download. I need to kill time until Spore comes out.
  • cshank4cshank4 Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13425Members
    TR is fun. It's like World War 1... with lasers!

(Seriously. Who sends vital messages across three separate battlefields with a newbie armed only with a ######ty 32 damage pistol?)
  • sgt.wafflessgt.waffles Join Date: 2007-09-22 Member: 62406Banned
    I only play open beta's.......

But you could try out the new Jericho demo or QUAKE wars.
    <!--quoteo(post=1653370:date=Oct 1 2007, 03:01 PM:name=sgt.waffles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sgt.waffles @ Oct 1 2007, 03:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1653370"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I only play open beta's.......
    But you could try out the new Jericho demo or QUAKE wars.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dled Jericho last night and I must say I liked it alot. Except for the button timing sequence. I played Church most of the game. Cause I couldn't aim with Black at all and playing a heavy dude doesn't strike my fancy. Sucks that even though Church was sposed to be the most stealthy that enemies automatically knew where she was even though I was crouched and moving slowly.

Oh and Blacksite reminds me of Resistance, only it sucks.
    <!--quoteo(post=1653367:date=Oct 1 2007, 02:40 PM:name=cshank4)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cshank4 @ Oct 1 2007, 02:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1653367"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->TR is fun. It's like World War 1... with lasers!
    (Seriously. Who sends vital messages across three separate battlefields with a newbie armed only with a ######ty 32 damage pistol?)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Where did you manage to DL the client? Cause all the sites I'm trying don't resume and I can only DL at about 50kbps so I get %20 before it cuts off. I am a simple man with cable, no T3 here.
  • AbraAbra Would you kindly Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19870Members
    edited October 2007
    Don't bother, it is really, really bad. The story is boring and something you have seen thousands of times before. Everybody look alike and the scenery is dull, desaturated, black, brown, green and gray. It really is horrible to look at. I would be ashamed to beta this to the public.

Also: The gameplay isn't its strong side either.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1653510:date=Oct 2 2007, 09:00 AM:name=Abra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Abra @ Oct 2 2007, 09:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1653510"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Don't bother, it is really, really bad. The story is boring and something you have seen thousands of times before. Everybody look alike and the scenery is dull, desaturated, black, brown, green and gray. It really is horrible to look at. I would be ashamed to beta this to the public.

Also: The gameplay isn't its strong side either.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Those are some of the understatments of the century.

Richard Garriott needs to be shot for being a pretentious prick that over hypes games and then neglects to actually make them anything NEW or even POLISHED for that matter.

Yah sure, WoW vs TR, not much difference (though I think that is a load of arse as well tbh), except for polish, and polish is what makes mmos fun.

Pirate of The Burning Sea has a beta starting up, check Fileplanet.
    <!--quoteo(post=1653513:date=Oct 2 2007, 08:53 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Oct 2 2007, 08:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1653513"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Those are some of the understatments of the century.

Richard Garriott needs to be shot for being a pretentious prick that over hypes games and then neglects to actually make them anything NEW or even POLISHED for that matter.

Yah sure, WoW vs TR, not much difference (though I think that is a load of arse as well tbh), except for polish, and polish is what makes mmos fun.

Pirate of The Burning Sea has a beta starting up, check Fileplanet.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

PotBS isn't a beta, it's just a 4 day stress test. And I think it's only for the paid FilePlanet people. Open beta will come later, probably.
  • cshank4cshank4 Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13425Members
    client at: <a href="ftp://ftp.playtr.com/" target="_blank">ftp://ftp.playtr.com/</a>