miniclip and other boredom sites

invader Ziminvader Zim Join Date: 2007-09-20 Member: 62376Members
<div class="IPBDescription">advertising thru a flash game</div>this idea occured to me and it may not be a good one but Ns2 could adverstise its self through an internet game like the ones you get on miniclip and other boredom sites. Thousands of people play these simple flash games and other short games on these sites. Unknown worlds could create a short flash game, or retro amiga style game and get it posted on some of these sites. Aslong as it was set in the ns universe, advertised ns2 at some point and drew on a few of the basic principles of ns2 it may work. It would certainly reach a large number of people. It could be an isometic game, where you walk ur character round a map clicking and shooting, or it could be a simple platform game. Or a basic, commander inspired game from a top down POV. in any case it would have to be of reasonable quality, addictive, and basically advertise ns2 in some way, maybe a link at to the ns2 web page at the end.

Could this idea work?

Comments

• TestosteronTestosteron Join Date: 2006-12-29 Member: 59299Members, Constellation
    It reminds me of the 2D flash version of Portal. And there even is a 2D Flash NS already (even though it is a long way for being playable).

A coll flash game sounds like a cool viral marketing idea but it should not be released before there is a stable release of NS2 and if possible even a demo so that people who like the flash game can try out the real game right away!
  • BuzzouBuzzou Join Date: 2006-12-14 Member: 59056Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1662388:date=Nov 30 2007, 12:49 PM:name=Testosteron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Testosteron @ Nov 30 2007, 12:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1662388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It reminds me of the 2D flash version of Portal.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    hell yeah, that was cool! i'd love to play a cheap little flash version of NS2, but as you say, it would need to be made after NS2 is officially released... maybe one of the devs could knock up a quick game before starting on an expansion or NS3?
  • PhlashPhlash Join Date: 2008-02-18 Member: 63674Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1663884:date=Dec 13 2007, 06:14 PM:name=Buzzou)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Buzzou @ Dec 13 2007, 06:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1663884"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hell yeah, that was cool! i'd love to play a cheap little flash version of NS2, but as you say, it would need to be made after NS2 is officially released... maybe one of the devs could knock up a quick game before starting on an expansion or NS3?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You act like making a Flash game is easy... relatively to a Source engine mod it sure is but its not something you could "knock up." Most <b>good</b> Flash games take a few months to complete.
  • RedGumsRedGums Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73134Members
    I could imagine integrating the concept into a flash game would be hard unless you played around with the idea of a alien and marine commander ordering troops around and building like most generic RTS games.

I would like to see Gorge Tower Defense though.
    Could work.