Just A Question...

SethMcCoySethMcCoy Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63151Members
<div class="IPBDescription">regarding customization...</div>Is it possible to customize the game to display marines with different models than others based on name, steam id, or setup? I mostly wanted to distinguish myself and my friends from the rest of the group so it's easier to stick together. If it can't be done with models, does anyone have any other ideas to set us apart based on how we have the game setup?

-Seth

Comments

• tekproxytekproxy Join Date: 2005-03-11 Member: 44813Members, Constellation
    I'm fairly sure I could do it with an AMXx plugin. This would be done server side and would affect everyone.

I don't think it's possible to change the model for something for just one player, but it might be. I'm curious now and I should like to check it out...

What are you trying to do exactly and why?
  • asmodeeasmodee Join Date: 2007-06-20 Member: 61317Members, Constellation
    In other HL mods it is possible to change the model for a single player, but this must be done server side. I assume, but do not know for sure, that it can be done on NS, but still requires server side change.
  • TG-CainTG-Cain Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58105Members
    edited December 2007
    IANADev, but in theory it works as in hl-dm, where you can customise models client side. What you're really doing is just setting some cvars and then the server distributes your model settings to all other clients. In fact, if you check your ns config.cfg there is a variable model="barney". Problem is that ns has just one model* and no alternate coloured skins, so you would have to create new models/skins and then distribute them to everyone.

*Not entirely true, but you get the point.
  • PrefixPrefix Éirinn go Brách Join Date: 2006-12-31 Member: 59353Members, Constellation
    should be done in NS2 tbh,

an icon appears over someones head if he/she is on your friends list / if you set it to do it for certain people.
  • asmodeeasmodee Join Date: 2007-06-20 Member: 61317Members, Constellation
    You can already make an icon appear over your head if you want someone to follow you. Just bind impulse 7 to a key.
  • PrefixPrefix Éirinn go Brách Join Date: 2006-12-31 Member: 59353Members, Constellation
    yes, but that isn't what I mean.

You set in your config certain steam_ids to be marked with an icon, so when playing with them you can easily iDENTIFY them from the crowd - rather than having to hoer over every marine till you find the one you need.