Blinking

Dr_AmazingDr_Amazing Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8241Members
<div class="IPBDescription">how does it work</div> i have a major problem blinking (teleporting) with fades. i can teleport around in a room, most of the time but sometimes it just won't do anything at all. and i can't blink through walls at all. (wasn't there spposed to be a way to do that?)

Comments

• matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer
    <!--QuoteBegin--Dr_Amazing+Nov 11 2002, 02:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dr_Amazing @ Nov 11 2002, 02:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i have a major problem blinking (teleporting) with fades. i can teleport around in a room, most of the time but sometimes it just won't do anything at all. and i can't blink through walls at all. (wasn't there spposed to be a way to do that?)<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    When blinking, you will teleport towards your target up until your boundingbox intersects anything, at which point you will stop. So aim a bit high. Also, to minimize your boundingbox, crouch before blinking.

The "wall" they were talking about was a doorway full of mines, IIRC. So no, you don't blink through walls.
  • TAUTheOMeGaTAUTheOMeGa Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7919Members
    This is true, its a common misconception that whereever you point you go there instantly. Imagine getting stuck in teh wall after a teleport :/

Its kinda hard to use but you aren't gonna need to be using it again and again and again in many situations and i find thats when it doens't work at all.

-TAU|TheOMeGa
  • FossaFossa Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6931Members
    Am I the only one who thinks you should be able to blink through welds?
  • DukatDukat Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7748Members
    Blink is line-of-sight, in otherwords you have to be able to see something to blink to it, which would explain the lack of blinking through walls. You also have to watch your energy, if you run out you can't blink anywhere.