Marine Weapon Design Theory

2»

Comments

• ryknow69ryknow69 Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63952Members
    The fact there's going to be 3 redundent guns?

An energy based weapon of some sorts is what we need, to divert off simple projectiles we all like to rely on.
  • The_DisposedThe_Disposed Join Date: 2007-05-29 Member: 61052Members
    How about a large laser weapon that two marines must control. The weapon would hang on starps on a marines soulder and another marine would go behind him and press E to hold the back of the gun, to aim the gun the marines must move their position, to aim up the marine at the back would duck down.
  • NasderoNasdero Join Date: 2008-11-11 Member: 65423Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1694088:date=Nov 22 2008, 05:03 AM:name=The_Disposed)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The_Disposed @ Nov 22 2008, 05:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1694088"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How about a large laser weapon that two marines must control. The weapon would hang on starps on a marines soulder and another marine would go behind him and press E to hold the back of the gun, to aim the gun the marines must move their position, to aim up the marine at the back would duck down.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

in a game with the fight speed of NS this weapon would be useless even against an onos ^^
    the idea is nice but to aim and fire both will be eaten by 1 onos ^^

well i think it should go the way its marked here with a high dmg ouptut long cooldown and plz some "realistic" i dont want to see giant laser guns , if i want lasers i play battlefront 2

a railgun / gausgun is a neat idea because they work still "simple" by magnetic accleration and still firing projectiles

what was this gun the govonator of california was carrying in eraser ?? its was shooting nealry lighspeed accelerated lightmetals didnt it ?
    a hand held seige cannon with long reload is sounding all the better.
  • La ChupacabraLa Chupacabra Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63729Members
    how about an alternative to LMG (so a player has 2 options of weapons to spawn with) - a submachine gun that would be smaller (more like automated pistol), with a smaller clip, faster rate of fire and lesser accuracy (a typical sprayer)? LMG would be better at medium distances, while this new automated pistol would be better at close range...
  • SirotSirot Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58851Members
    I actually suggested that idea before and don't think its redundant. Having two extremely similar automatic weapons somewhat is, but a second starting weapon to choose from is a good idea.

A LMG with a bigger punch would be interesting. It would shoot singular rounds in short intervals that deal a good amount of damage but the weapon could have a small clip size. A shot every .3 seconds or so. It is still an automatic weapon but plays very differently since it is a high risk weapon. It would deal the same amount of damage as the LMG if fired for one minute but it is spread over bursts instead of evenly. This means a missed shot is a huge lose in damage but it would deal the damage earlier than the LMG.

Ideally, the weapon would be used as a semi-automatic where you would time it each shot. A quasi-rifle.
    Semi-auto bullet projectile shooting guns aren't really smart on a space ship, second, I'd still use the LMG over that thing. I really am in support with a hand-held siege, with Hawk's ideals on it.
  • MarcusAureliusMarcusAurelius Join Date: 2008-01-28 Member: 63518Members, Constellation
    Will the flamethrower eat up infestation? Or catch it on fire?
  • NasderoNasdero Join Date: 2008-11-11 Member: 65423Members
    a hand held siege is a nice idea and how do you kill aliens ?? with your pistol or knive ??
    siege canons are against structures only ^^ so you could maybe do a great damage to the hive but the skulk wont even get a cooling
  • La ChupacabraLa Chupacabra Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63729Members
    how about giving a tool instead of a weapon? like a hand-held infra-red scanner (better than motion, because you would see also cloacked and/or not moving targets, but one would be not able to attack while using it, other people would see what you see the same way as motion tracking)? A player would end up with a pistol only (which is a kick ass weapon!) but his team mates could always help him out, like with GL.

or some other tool (but cant think of anything better...)
    Well, make the hand-held seige HURT aliens....DUH.

Infa-red doesnt sound so great if there is already Motion Tracking in the game, redundency. A new equipment weapon is probably on it's way.