hilarious idea (but might have something to it)

JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
While I was reading the bone shield part of the new blog update I had this picture in my head of skulks hiding behind the bone shields while actually riding on the onos. They could climb onto it as though the onos were a wall. This would make the Onos into somewhat of an alien APC. I dont really know if its a good idea or not gameplay wise, but it popped into my head and has a pretty satisfying visual so what the hell. Discuss!

Comments

• schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    edited July 2009
    not again.....

i hardly visit these forums, yet it seems like this gets brought up every time LOL!

THe way i see it, is that a skulks main advantage is the mobility, so riding a slower create really doesn't do you any favours, your much better off being able to run behind and go else where when necesssary - it has much the same effect as riding the onos, yet requires no work to implement :)

at the same time i wonder if wall climbing aliens, such as the skulk will be able to run up other aliens or playeres?
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    Thats more of what i meant, just treating the onos like a wall or static object that skulks can climb up.
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1716080:date=Jul 7 2009, 09:49 AM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Jul 7 2009, 09:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1716080"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->not again.....

i hardly visit these forums, yet it seems like this gets brought up every time LOL!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    First time I seen it mentioned...

But cool idea. Would be nice if skulks could cling to anything. IE: players / structures. For ###### and giggles it'd be funny to find a lone marine and climb onto his back for a ride :)
  • XainXain Join Date: 2007-09-13 Member: 62281Members
    I remember in NS1 on custom siege maps you could get gorges up into nooks that were in like the ceiling with skulks wall climbing up and the gorge jumping.

I like the idea of skulks clinging on to other aliens (like the onos) just to be lazy lol. and if at all possible (via a crate or something) a gorge or two could hop on for added defense for the onos.

another funny thought would be to have a skulk or two latched onto fades while they blink around. but that would be so imba XD
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Moved to the ideas forum. The title kind of gave it away.
  • AvataAvata Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67477Members
    The OP idea could totally compliment the dev's designs for the ONOS, as a disrupter...

Give the Onos an APC mode.... When the onos player wants, it can accept passengers... like up to 4 skulks. For the sake of balance, make it walk slower in this way. With skulks on board, it has 2 attacks. Attack 1 is charge.... 300% normal speed, Just forward, no turning, pushes marines back (maybe 0.25second stun), and stops dead at walls/structures. Attack 2 is EJECT SKULKS. Again for the sake of balance, maybe the onos can't use normal attacks after charging for 2 seconds or something... and also can't charge without skulks on board.

Onos becomes a front line smashing multi skulk frag grenade
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1855Members
    I think we should make the onos a four-door vehicle with automatic windows. Those skulks can buy some rayban sunglasses and hit on chicks as they pass by.

Onos is NOT a tank. I think if you wanted to hitch a ride and avoid getting hit, you'd simply bite and hold on to its tail.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1716094:date=Jul 7 2009, 10:47 AM:name=Xain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xain @ Jul 7 2009, 10:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1716094"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->another funny thought would be to have a skulk or two latched onto fades while they blink around.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lol gorge getting a blink lift, thats classic :D
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    that would be so epic... the onos is a APC!!!! How about if the onos's ###### was a garage door that the aliens could ride around in.. it would also work as a healing station naturally... then push the button and it's like a bunch of midgits running out the rear end :P

Ofcourse their would need to be a ramp that opens up like something from starship troopers lol