Modding capabilities

paperjackpaperjack Join Date: 2009-02-14 Member: 66410Members
edited July 2009 in Ideas and Suggestions
Ideas for what I think should be possible to mod or make here:

In-depth modification and control of the dynamic infestation. I think it would be very possible to make it liquid-like by changing a few variables.

Modification of projectiles, bullet types and others (there should be an option for projectile lifetime too).

Custom skeletons and animations.

Custom menùs, completely customizable.

Ray-casting, which is creating a line from pos a to pos b and retrieve what intersects the line.

Physics functions. Like, apply vector force function, distance to the ground, etc.

Ragdoll and body detection, resizing and physically influenceable by scripts. You should be able to push specific bones of the ragdolls.

Being able to disable every feature of the original gamemodes.

I will add more as ideas come to my mind.

Can gravity be configured on a area-to-area basis to allow for... low gravity.. (outside of ship stuff once out through the airlock)... cool ready-room secret-rooms! (suggested by FocusedWolf)

Large bodies of water, lava (suggested by FocusedWolf)

2D surfaces projected on a 3D model (like the computer screens in doom 3) and mouse detection on those surfaces.

Adding new animations to existing models

Questions to the devs:
How many slots can a server have ?
What is considered an entity ? For example, is a bullet a entity ?
Is it possible to create custom entities ?
How many entities is too many ?
Is there a terminal velocity ? If yes, what is it and is it possible to change it ?
What is the maximum map size ?
Is it possible to place custom entities in the map ?

Comments

• FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    Add to the list:

Can gravity be configured on a area-to-area basis to allow for... low gravity.. (outside of ship stuff once out through the airlock)... cool ready-room secret-rooms!

Large bodies of water, lava?
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1719246:date=Jul 25 2009, 02:00 PM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Jul 25 2009, 02:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1719246"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Add to the list:

Can gravity be configured on a area-to-area basis to allow for... low gravity.. (outside of ship stuff once out through the airlock)... cool ready-room secret-rooms!

Large bodies of water, lava?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I was having this exact thought the other day RE: gravity for more ideas for my map :)
  • paperjackpaperjack Join Date: 2009-02-14 Member: 66410Members