Official Starcraft 2 Names thread

13»

Comments

• tigersmithtigersmith Join Date: 2004-11-11 Member: 32749Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    Any of you guys still play? Im putting huge hours into this and would love to play with you guys
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    I think I gave up around September time- in my lowbie league all Terrans proxy barracks rush, all Zerg 5pool and all Protoss cannon rush.

Pesky Terrans aside I had no issue countering them (letting P build 20 cannons in your base whilst you ninja a base next to his and win with 2 zealots led to lots of smack talk), the problem is win or lose I had no fun playing against these all-in strats.

In the rare long-length games I had, even victory felt like work; never really enjoyed it =s

Bizzarely, I'm pretty much addicted to the rage-inducing DotA-clone Heroes of Newerth.
  • tigersmithtigersmith Join Date: 2004-11-11 Member: 32749Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=1838121:date=Mar 20 2011, 09:37 PM:name=sherpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherpa @ Mar 20 2011, 09:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1838121"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think I gave up around September time- in my lowbie league all Terrans proxy barracks rush, all Zerg 5pool and all Protoss cannon rush.

Pesky Terrans aside I had no issue countering them (letting P build 20 cannons in your base whilst you ninja a base next to his and win with 2 zealots led to lots of smack talk), the problem is win or lose I had no fun playing against these all-in strats.

In the rare long-length games I had, even victory felt like work; never really enjoyed it =s

Bizzarely, I'm pretty much addicted to the rage-inducing DotA-clone Heroes of Newerth.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree with you somewhat. As the game is pretty challenging. I get frustrated even when I win. Starcraft 2 is very stressful at times. Im determined to get better Even if I get annoyed.

Been doing loads of 1v1 again, and boy im getting destroyed. Am in 1v1 Diamond but as of now I dont think I should even be in gold. Its very damn hard. Sucks when you take a 2 month break and come back.
  • Corporal_FortierCorporal_Fortier Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46079Members, Constellation
    edited March 2011
    I started playing again a few days ago. I've had quite a few two month break since October or so. I'm also Diamond 1v1, but I played so little that I always thought I should be Platinum or maybe Gold. I mostly play 1v1 and 2v2 custom with RL friends, but I guess one day I'll feel confident enough to go back on the ladder. If you want a practice or 2v2 partner, feel free to add me:

CorpFortier
    Code thingy: 969 iirc

I might not be the best but I sure don't go down without a fight!

edit: I might not be on that much though until mid April or so, university stuff..
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    Yeah, I've lost a lot of my gaming time recently. I can only fit in a couple of games during the weekday now and I'm also getting destroyed. About a month ago I got on really late after a night out and lost like 15 games in a row and <a href="http://sc2ranks.com/us/628239/SentrySteve" target="_blank">got demoted to plat.</a> I don't remember playing and when I looked at the replays it was me SCV rushing or just sitting afk. I haven't been able to get into diamond since.

They did remove losses from you record and now only show wins. For some, this may remove some of the pressure and nerves when playing sc2. I'm not sure if they just did that because the season is ending and they're trying to encourage play or if its permanent. Either way, I like it.
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited March 2011
    I still play all the time. I got promoted to platinum, but in a series of games not too different to steve's I got promoted back to gold and can't get back up to plat.
    bad news actually its not that bad. i got demoted to Platinum after a win lol... but anyways im more focused now on the new season. I am crushing people in plat and gold. so I know my MMR is pretty close to diamond. just gotta work it back up

New Season WEE :D GLHF
    Add Tigersmith.327 On EU Server also. Just picked up an account
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    look at this baller, getting an NA and EU account.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    edited April 2011
    61 hours of starcraft this week (tigersmith), jesus christ, that's absolutely nowhere near as much as the amount of time I used to spend playing games when I was a kid. :P We're all getting too old and busy to play games. D:
    lol oops :( i actually work full time, i leave it on alot so i prob only played like 30 hrs this week
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    edited June 2011
    Tachyon.940 - NAS
    Xev.666 - SEA/OCIANA
  • marksmarks Join Date: 2008-07-28 Member: 64720Members
    edited June 2011
    Can't get out of plat even though I'm beating masters-level practice partners. Rage. I think I posted my ID a few pages back, and I ran into puzl on the ladder a week or so ago :)

edit: marks.223 on EU