` is broken by infrared drivers How disable

fex905fex905 Join Date: 2009-12-21 Member: 69744Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Stupid windows screws with the console in video games</div>Anyone know how i can disable the infrared drivers on windows 7. There are no options to disable and if I uninstall the drivers windows just keeps on reinstalling them. I've seen that you can do it by disabling plug and play(or what ever its exactly called) but I tried that and I could not use new flash drives and such. If anyone knows a real fix it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    1) Disable automatic driver downloads:
    - Start menu -> Right click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings (top left) -> Hardware -> Windows Update Drivers Settings -> Select "Never check for drivers when I connect a device." -> OK -> Apply -> OK

2) Turn off SSDP Discovery:
    - Start menu -> Type in "services.msc" without quotes and press Enter -> Scroll to "SSDP Discovery" -> Right click and select Properties -> Change Startup Type to "Disabled" -> Apply -> OK

3) Uninstall ENE CIR Receiver:
    - Start menu -> Right click Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Click the + beside Human Interface Devices -> Right click "ENE CIR Receiver" and select Uninstall -> MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE UNINSTALL SOFTWARE BOX ON THE PROMPT (this will take the Microsoft eHome Infrared Trasceiver with it) -> OK -> Let the uninstall take place -> Reboot the computer

4) Preventing installation of IR device drivers:
    - Upon reboot you will receive a prompt asking you if you want to install the device drivers -> SELECT "NEVER FOR THIS DEVICE"

5) Turn ON SSDP Discovery:
    - Follow directions from earlier and select "Manual" from the drop down menu (Startup Type) -> Apply -> OK

5) Play XI

Source : <a href="http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vistagaming/thread/f04e1cb4-ac54-4305-bbac-74713727ea9f" target="_blank">http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums...ac-74713727ea9f</a>