Windowed mode to fullscreen problem

princessprincess Yaaar!Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
edited May 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Graphics settings or something?</div>I've had NS2 running in windowed mode and all was good. Then today I clicked the option to make the game fullscreen but something was not happy.

When the setting was applied, all I got was a black screen (with mouse cursor). I can hear the fabulous menu music. Restarting the game brings the same black screen. Trying to force the game to open windowed isn't working either.

My second monitor flashes a black screen every now and then as well. It almost seems as if the game is alt tabbing by itself or something...I don't know, but monitor #2 is acting in the same way as when I alt tab from other full screen games.

I'm going to guess that this is a graphics setting my end but I have no idea what I can do to even attempt a fix. I've got an 8800 GT and Windows 7.

Help would be much appreciated :)

Edit: I can get it to run windowed again by changing <fullscreen> to false. But changing back again to fullscreen provides the same problem.

Immediate panic over as I can now play around again, but any thoughts on why switching the fullscreen isn't working for me?

Comments

• SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Is there a problem with the game and dual monitor support? What happens if you unplug the other monitor, is it fine full screen then?
    This will help the devs if you can find that out.
  • ED0ggYED0ggY Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17103Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey,

Ive had the same problem a few days ago. tried everything. searched everywhere. but couldn't find anyone else with the problem.

so i thought it was just me having this issue. but yesterday. i booted up NS2 (Window Mode) Played a few minutes by myself,

then closed it down, re-opened it up and changed it into full screen, came with a black screen at first up in the top left hand corner there

was the words "restoring..." so i waited and problem fixed. dunno what it did, dont know what i did. but its all fixed.

Hope this might be some what of a help. I'm Running the Same Vid Card. 8800 GT. with Win 7 32Bit