Your first full game?

JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
<div class="IPBDescription">share story</div>Just finally got into a server and played a full game! All four of us on the alien team went lerk and just laid waste to the marine team. We were strafing and bobbing and weaving all over the place. Was fun as hell! :D

Some quirky game play considerations after that experience. We could easily spawn camp the IP and I got like 6 or so kills from spawning marines. Also the marines would tend to spawn on top of each other in the IP and get stuck, making them easy targets. Also it was kind of funny to see that the lerk kill sprite is a pistol, we were pistol sniping l0rks :P

Then after some lengthy assault we finally got the CC down and killed the commander, winning the round! However upon re-spawning in the RR we all fell through the floor and LOLed as we fell into oblivion :D

Comments

• cmc5788cmc5788 Join Date: 2009-10-06 Member: 68959Members
    edited July 2010
    Yeah it took me all of 2 seconds to figure out that with hit registration bugged and servers being lagged to death glitches and clientspam, lerks are amazingly powerful.

a) they have an AoE, so they're the only ones who can do damage to anyone
    b) they can fly, making it even less likely (as if it were likely to begin with) that they can be hit
  • TheGivingTreeTheGivingTree Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12070Members
    Lerks are nearly impossible to kill at this point, only because of the hit boxes, and since they can spam the gas which takes no aiming, and has a massive AoE considering they spam it everywhere, they dominate the game at this point with ease. But again it's the firt phase of alpha it's not about balance and when the lag is gone so will their dominance.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Here is my first 'full' round.

Spawn in the egg...confused what to do next. Try and evolve...didn't work. Click mouse 1 and suddenly become a skulk. Went to hive and could not tell if anybody was the alien commander or not. Then I press E and become the commander. Created one of those crustation things and sent it to build a res tower. No idea what my teammates were doing there is no way to see them like you can in NS1. It doesn't 'feel' like you're an alien anymore without that.

Made some hydras (they look like fruit trees) then went to the marine base. Saw lots of lerks there and green gas clouds which totally killed my FPS. A few seconds later I'm falling through the map and see we won the game. Stuck under the map and have to leave the server.

2nd game was much worse. Horrible horrible lag which got continually worse as more people joined. Whoever made that server thought it would be fun to have 16 players on each team. The screen only moved once every 5 or 6 seconds so everyone was trying to just move anywhere - that was the big obstacle. I asked if we had an alien commander (I couldnt see any icon to tell you the health of the hive or if there is a commander) but nobody on my team replied. In fact I was using teamchat and the marines could see my messages lol. Best thing was when I got into a battle with a marine we stood shooting each other for 5 minutes then were teleported into walls somehow and I got stuck in a corner and had to leave the server.
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1785922:date=Jul 27 2010, 10:50 AM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Jul 27 2010, 10:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1785922"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->STUFF<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

These bitter moments will become your fondest memories. I know that my first lag filled glitch fest made me smile :D
  • vassilievvassiliev Join Date: 2009-05-28 Member: 67496Members
    The All-Mighty Grenade Launcher is truely a gift from God.It takes forever to kill an alien with machineguns or SGs...

And my first full game is exactly about blasting myself a way into the hive room and axing what's left in there.= =Instant Kill, how comforting.
  • SparkTRSparkTR Join Date: 2007-02-09 Member: 59913Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    I wouldn't really call it a full round but I ran into the alien base, killed 2 lerks and axed every structure I could see. Due to the extreme lag the alien players couldn't get me down. The game feels great so far provided the server can handle the load.