Chamber Abilities

SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
edited July 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Information on Chamber abilities</div><b>Crag: The Defense Chamber of NS2. It has a few abilities.</b>

Heals: 10 radius, heals 10hp per tick to a max of 3 players. Also, while healing, it heals Players BEFORE structures, and also whatever is closest.

Umbra: The Crag can also Umbra. Umbra lasts for 8s, and has a radius of 5.

Babblers: Miniature skulks called babblers, they're pretty dumb and are very weak. They should attack marine players, and if not destroyed after a certain amount of time will do an AoE explosion, a mini-xenocide i suppose, which will do enough damage.

<b>Whip: A new chamber I would suppose. Has 3 abilities, Fury(passive), AcidStrike, Bombard.</b>

Fury: Duration: 6s, Radius 6. Increases damage by 10%
Acid Strike and Bombard: Can't find information pertaining to which does what. But it does say that Rate of Fire is 2, Damage is 50, Range 10, 360 view and checks it's surroundings every .5 seconds.

<b>Shade: The Sensory Chamber of NS2. This chamber has 3 'effects'.</b>

Blind, Glow, Phantasm. Sadly i have yet to hear or find any information indicating what either of these effects do. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. As far as it seems it either cloaks it's surrounded or allows players to upgrade to cloaking, not sure which.

<b>Shift: The Movement Chamber of NS2.</b>

Alien structure that allows commander to outmaneuver and redeploy forces.

3 Abilities: Recall, Celerity, Echo

Recall: This allows you to jump to the nearest structure/hive that is under attack, has a small cooldown.
Celerity: Speeds up evolving and speed boost to aliens.
Echo: Targeted ability, that lets the Alien Commander move a drifter or a structure, even Hive and Harvester.

<b>Hydra: The Offense Chamber of NS2, this is dropped by the gorge. </b>

As far as I know the Hydra only has one attack which is Spike. Spike has a range of 17.78, and does 20dmg per spike. The Hydra also goes into Alert Mode whenever there is a marine and/or marine structure near by.

// LIST OF ALIEN BUYS

'Feed', 'Carapace', 'BloodThirst', 'Bacteria', 'Corpulence', 'HydraAbility', 'Piercing', 'Adrenaline', 'Feint', 'Sap', 'Stomp', 'BoneShield',

Comments

• InkInk Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68499Members
    edited July 2010
    This ###### is awesome. Amazing post, most of it does sound right.

Only thing i dont like are the return of the babblers, they are funny but no lol.

Other than that, it really looks like the aliens became a more stratigic and dynamic team then they already were, and it looks perfect, cant wait.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'll try and get out some more information once I can. :)