"Attempting Connection"

2»

Comments

• MahmuttiMahmutti Join Date: 2010-05-25 Member: 71854Members
    Oh look, a person verbally abusing other people over a game. That sure isn't nerdish.
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1788604:date=Jul 29 2010, 01:53 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 01:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788604"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Now now, angsty nerds of the internet. This includes the rest of you high-minded dev worshipping morons.

and not everybody has as much time as you do to carefully gloss over every thread to see if their question has been answered.

I'm sorry it offends you forum denizens

people cannot experience the "gameplay" you're so nerdily trying to defend

Stop being so high and mighty<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black" target="_blank">Pot, meet kettle.</a>

<!--quoteo(post=1788604:date=Jul 29 2010, 01:53 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 01:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788604"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This board is filled with threads like this because <b>this is a very legitimate problem and grievance right now</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It is <b>not</b> a legitimate complaint, because it was made very, very clear that this was an ALPHA test. You got your expectations set too high in your mind about playing NS1 in pretty graphics on the 27th. Despite the constant warnings in these forums from myself, other posters and the DEV team, people are imagining getting in on the game early like it was some sort of 'beta' (glorified demo) for a game being released in a week. <b>NS2 is no where close to being released at the moment. Many features are missing, incomplete or just not working. This is by nature of an Alpha build.</b>

<!--quoteo(post=1788604:date=Jul 29 2010, 01:53 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 01:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788604"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm sorry it offends you forum denizens that people are flooding your "legit" topics about gameplay with these questions but the fact remains that the majority of people cannot experience the "gameplay" you're so nerdily trying to defend.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is your main issue right here. See, the thing is - at this time - <b>you are not intended to test the gameplay</b>. This alpha release was to test stability for the most part and performace. To make sure the client actually <b>loads</b>. Being able to move around as a 'marine' or 'alien' and even being able to shoot the weapons the game has is a <b>huge</b> step forward in the release and personally, I wasn't even expecting that in the first <b>Alpha</b> build.

<!--quoteo(post=1788604:date=Jul 29 2010, 01:53 PM:name=Obibun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obibun @ Jul 29 2010, 01:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1788604"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The devs promised people in the special edition with a chance to <i>play</i> the alpha. In my opinion this was a pretty huge oversight. Yeah, bugs are commonplace, it's not finished, but to not even be able to play it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're using the word 'play' too literal. How are you supposed to 'play' NS2 when there are 2 of 5 alien classes missing? How are you expected to balance game play when flame throwers, heavy armor and jetpacks arent in the game? How do you know how any of the alien upgrades are supposed to effect gameplay without them being implimented yet?

Here, I will quote this for you.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tonight you will get the first play of what will ultimately become Natural Selection 2. <b><i><u>It is crucial that you know that this is an alpha and it has problems.</b></i></u> Our hit-registration has major problems which we were unable to fix in time for tonight. We had to pull the "crag" at the last minute. Skulks can't fit through some vents. Lerk flight doesn't feel right. You might see some dev textures in places. Performance still needs work. So it is not without blemishes, nor did we expect it to be.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's right on the front page.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/</a>

Specifically: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2010/7/ns2_alpha_tonight" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2010...2_alpha_tonight</a>

Please stop with the entitlement issues.

Oh, my join date is before yours and my member number is 2 digits.

Does that mean I'm better than you now?