Limits of modification

WaffleSpoonWaffleSpoon Join Date: 2002-01-30 Member: 133Members
<div class="IPBDescription">What may and what may not be modified</div>Howdy,

Like many others I am in the process of creating my own map/world/thing and doing so - atleast in my case - requires modified textures. Granted, a lot of maps use custom or modified textures but I'm talking specifically about modified NS2 textures.

What is the general opinion of the mappers and texture artists themselves and what does UWE think about this? Credit should go where credit is due, but aside from that, are we allowed to change/modify/redesign the default NS2 textures and models as we please?

I would guess it is a-ok, but it might be a good things to ask. Perhaps have an official statement telling us happy mappers what we may and may not do with the original files?

Cheers!

Comments

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    You can change EVERYTHING you want... You can even make an entirely new game(<i>mod</i>) if you like, using nothing but the engine.
    NS2 is designed whit this in mind, so the only limitations for you is your own imagination :)