Question about doors

Scottc1988Scottc1988 Join Date: 2002-03-19 Member: 334Members
How do i make a door thats weldable, works, and is solid?

Comments

• Relic25Relic25 Pixel Punk Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 39Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    You can't.  The closest thing you can do to simulate this is to create your door(s) normally, then create a func_weldable that fits in the doorway (and overlaps the door on both sides by a little).  If you set the weldable up correctly, you will be able to use the door normally since the weldable will be non-solid until it is welded.  When it's welded, it will A. become visible, and B. become solid.  If you set the weldable to be breakable when welded, then aliens will be able to break open the weldable, but the doors will still be there and work normally.
  • Scottc1988Scottc1988 Join Date: 2002-03-19 Member: 334Members
    Whats the texture for triggers tho ?
  • realityisdeadrealityisdead Employed by Raven Software after making ns_nothing Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 94Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    The texture usually used for making triggers is "AAATRIGGER".

I don't think that is what you would use for a weldable though... you would texture it the way you want it to look once welded shut, I believe.
  • Black_WolfBlack_Wolf Join Date: 2002-03-13 Member: 310Members
    hmm, it would look kinda weird if the aliens break the door and still have a door underneath it to go through . . .
  • JaciusJacius Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 43Members
    Maybe you could make the func_weldable be in the middle, or on the edges, where the door edges would be when its closed (in the middle if its two doors closing, on the bottom if its opening upwards, etc.), as in the spot that was welded shut. You could then have a func_wall_toggle to be the "door" when its closed.

Then, when the aliens kill the weldable, it will be like they just broke the welded part, so the door is still there, but the path is clear. You wouldhave the toggle be trigger when the weldable is made and destroyed, so that it appears and then dies. Or at least I think you can do that

Of course, it would be awkward for the marines to weld a door that opens whenever they approach it... maybe you should think up something else thats cool

-Jacius