Serious Youtube Channel

2»

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1802530:date=Oct 24 2010, 01:16 PM:name=SN.Wolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SN.Wolf @ Oct 24 2010, 01:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802530"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->how about Aura,Lumina or Deep Paint. they work with red and i think even raw?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are they NLE's? I've never heard of them... I'm only familar with Vegas, FCP and CS
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    6cores, gah I remember back in the day with my AMD Barton single core pushing out 480p video's was a chore. But nowadays I feel even 2 cores is just not enough umph to render stuff, 720p even...

That nvideo turbocharger thingy seems interesting, but that's just the thing. Turbo's cost monah :P
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hmm... I may just end up with that heat signature visible from the moon SN.Wolf. I don't think I can get a good price for my 5870, and the GTX480 is far too hot and power hungry for my liking (95C at load?!), so I'm going to go a hybrid AMD/Nvidia setup, 5870 with the cheap GTS450. That way I keep the best of both worlds, the 5870 for cool high fps recording, the GTS450 for Mercury in CS5. Going to require some trickery...

And the guts to molest my wallet for CS5!

PS: Kouji_San I remember pushing 480p on a barton as well! Ahhh single cores... Things were simpler back then.
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    Don't fondle that wallet to hard just yet....lol
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Oh he said fantastic again! :D

Anyway, great job, one suggestion though.

Is it possible to start your videos with some sound effect added to your logo?
    It's always hard to tell about the volume of the video and when one increases it, your voice comes in all of a sudden.
    edited November 2010
    That's a great idea pSyk0mAn! One of the UWE sound dev's had the same thought and mocked me up a quick intro sound yesterday, you should <strike>see</strike> hear it on YouTube within a few hours :)

EDIT: And the bane of my existance. Waking up and seeing 'upload failed: Unknown error.'
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1804481:date=Nov 4 2010, 11:57 AM:name=NS2HD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NS2HD @ Nov 4 2010, 11:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1804481"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->EDIT: And the bane of my existance. Waking up and seeing 'upload failed: Unknown error.'<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You are using Google Gears and this parameter I hope ->

<a href="http://upload.youtube.com/my_videos_upload?restrict=gears" target="_blank">http://upload.youtube.com/my_videos_upload?restrict=gears</a>
    Err no... Haha I assume that is the advanced uploader I have been meaning to get around to trying!
    I have never really been able to upload anything without that one, the other one just stops at a certain point giving me a very informative "unknown error"

I've even checked the upstream and it remains constant...
    Well, I took the plunge and bought a GTS 450. So now I'm running a freako hybrid frankenstein computer with Nvidia and AMD staring each other in the face.

Haven't managed to get all the hacks working just yet, so they don't like each other much, but having Mercury working in the CS5 trial is awesome.

Yummy tech...
  • saikosaiko Join Date: 2007-04-10 Member: 60588Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1805132:date=Nov 10 2010, 11:46 AM:name=NS2HD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NS2HD @ Nov 10 2010, 11:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1805132"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So now I'm running a freako hybrid frankenstein computer with Nvidia and AMD staring each other in the face.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've had those two sharing the same box for so long they think they're releated.

Oh, and nice videos too , good to see some high quality vids on youtube for NS2.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    hey mate!

Would be awesome if you could make some "atmosshperic" game footage. Like making a level flythrough with the NS2 Music and aliens/marines running around or something. You're doing a great job with your videos! Thanks!