Mappers! Community Map Promotion

HughHugh CameramanSan Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
<div class="IPBDescription">Interested in showing off your WIP?</div>Hi everyone!

I really want to start promoting the mapping efforts of the community. I've seen some great maps being worked on in the mapping forum! If there are any mappers out there who are interested in featuring their map on my NS2HD channel (See sig) let me know. Forum, PM, YouTube PM whatever.

I imagine videos could take the form of pans, top-downs, and gentle flythroughs of the parts of the map you have completed or are particularly proud of. I'm also working out how to make diagram animations so that the strategies behind the map can be analysed visually. I'm happy to include your voiceover, my voiceover, or no voiceover at all, whatever your preference.

Happy mapping!

Comments

• ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    I'd be happy to help promote you by promoting me by promoting through your NS2HD channel. Confused yet? :P

My level isn't fully finished and real life has taken over from development right now. Once I have something more substantial and nearer final I'll bear it in mind and make sure to let you know.

I've subscribed to you feed for now, keep up the promoting it's looking good.
  • yimmasabiyimmasabi Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58318Members
    I think you should wait beta version of NS2 including infestations etc.
    I'm sure there will be many good maps.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2010
    Please leave this thread for mappers to post their interest, and debate the merits of my efforts elsewhere.

EDIT: Reworded to remove flamebait.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    I suggest you browse the mapping forums and get in contact with people you'd like to do features with. Whether it's a quick tutorial on a mapping problem, how someone designs, a quick walkthrough or what not of a map.

Go to them instead of them coming to you, almost no one in the mapping forums will come here. The post your screenshots thread has some cracking screenshots for you to use in a feature too.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Thanks Thaldarin, I have already been doing so.

I hadn't thought of using screenshots for a feature though... That is a very promising idea!