Moddeling and animation

ArcadianArcadian Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65617Members
edited September 2010 in Mapping
I'm curious if it will be possible for us to create animations for models. For example I'd like a large cargo crane in the background to be seen swiveling, will amateur modelers have, or eventually have the tools to do this?

Comments

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Well since Spark is made whit focus on modders, i would asume you would get to use the exact same tools as UWE to create whatever you emagination permits, in short: Yes! :)
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    edited September 2010
    If you mean moving components for a model then no, There is no tool for this, they use something else, i will ask out of interest what is used.

If you want to do some basic animations like make an entire model move or a cable swing then you can do that in the current version of the cinematic editor.

*All animations are done in 3DSMax
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Oh i forgot, the cinematic has timeline trigger event properties too, you can trigger sounds to play or models to play their built in animations.