Couldn't Establish A Connection With The Server

2»

Comments

• BOBMUNZBOBMUNZ Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75094Members
    Unfortunately It seems now that My router wont allow me to forward ranges of ports.... is it safe to assume though that if source engine games (because they use the same ports as NS2) work just fine that NS2 should work just fine as far as ports go?
  • FearnightFearnight Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68018Members
    Apparently I can't even connect to my own computer because I get this error even when making a LAN game.
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    If you are running a dedi on the same comp your playing ns2 on with it, i have not had any problems my self. All i can say at the moment is whenver I create a Dedicated server I leave the <address></address> field empty. If that helps?

I also edited server.xml in my <b>%appdata%/natural selection2</b> folder and set lan to default to false.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    if you can't forward a range of ports, just forward 27015 and 27016. those are the primary ports used by servers.
  • PistachioPistachio Join Date: 2005-05-26 Member: 52481Members
    I wouldn't feel too bad. Connection issues are very common at this point. It's my main problem right now. Once I'm in, the game actually runs very smooth for me, but it's getting on a server in the first place that's the big hurdle. Even when connected and in the ready room, I often get a "timeout" error within a couple minutes. I've forwarded all the necessary ports, added NS2 as an exception to my firewall, but it hasn't done anything to alleviate the problem.

No worries, though. It will all be ironed out in time.