UnknownWordls Dev Server #1

JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
I find my self biased to join this server in particular and to try my best (within reason) to stress the server. I guess my thoughts are that this server is explicitly being monitored by UWE and so it will do the most bug hunting good to be on that server. I just want to get other peoples thoughts about server choice.

Also do you think that because UWE is running this server, it is running the latest compile of the server code? Hence being more or less stable depending on whats been changed?

Comments

• PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    The server must be the same build as the client to be able to join.
    You can test the game on any server, but due to the fact that there is a big bug that will be patched tomorrow is kind useless to join right now, unless you want to join and test your client until the server crash.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i've only successfully connected to that server once, for like 2 minutes.
  • tyrael64tyrael64 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70551Members
    I can connect quite often, it works pretty well
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    Works better for me than most other servers.
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1808320:date=Nov 22 2010, 01:12 AM:name=NurEinMensch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NurEinMensch @ Nov 22 2010, 01:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1808320"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Works better for me than most other servers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is the same for me, we had a 6v6 game going on that server and it held up tight. We actually managed to finish the game (TSA won!), it was good fun. Though it still crashes like any other server.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    That server is very laggy for me. I can't even move, despite having a good ping. It crashes all the time too. I've had the best luck with some of the higher ping servers. They are more stable.
  • saikosaiko Join Date: 2007-04-10 Member: 60588Members
    Stressing servers when a memory leak is known about is probably not the greatest idea until it gets patched/fixed, just saying.
    They are more than likely running the same build too.

I think the longest game I got on the weekend was just over an hour with 8 players on tram, we didn't put turrets or hydras down and the server got a restart prior to joining.

Did the dev server get any games going longer than this? The majority of the local servers in my area didn't show connections lasting longer than an hour, so if you had some consistent 1-2 hour games, then yes.