Some ideas

warbrand2warbrand2 Join Date: 2010-12-13 Member: 75657Members
<div class="IPBDescription">no idea if any have been posted before.</div>MARINE.. WEAPONS

<b>REVOLVER </b>
damage:75
shots: 8
spare ammo: 16
tech required: advanced armory + research
primary attack: single shot
secondary attack: double shot
info: this is futuristic revolver is the best weapon for some one that can aim as it can fire through multiple targets and stun fades.

<b>P.A.R. (plasmatic assault rifle.)</b>
damage: 20
mag size: 30
spare mags: 3
tech required: same as flamethrower + research
primary attack: 3 shot burst
secondary attack: full auto (overheats)
info: this stream line weapon fires 3 shoot bursts of plasma that leaves scorch marks where ever it hits. creats a small flash of light on hit so it will blind anything hit in the face.

MARINE items.

FIRE NADES
info: a grenade launcher for the rifle that fire a highly flammable liquid.
spare shoots: 2
use: clearing infestation (when added) and lighting tightly packed groups on fire.

E light
info: A item that can be dropped in to a room to provide light very useful in rooms where the power is out.
amount held: 3
amount max on map: 1 per player.

ALIEN IDEAS.

<b>Ghost</b> (not a good name idea)
info: a small alien life form that can not been seen while it is standing still. it has no direct damaging attacks but it can parasite, umbra, and heal allied units more of a heavy support unit then a attack unit like the rest. (unlike the gorge it can't build but it can climb on walls like the skulks)

<b>infested.</b>
<u>health:</u> 100
<u>primary attack:</u> punch (deals 5 damage)
<u>secondary attack:</u> grab (if gets close enough can steal the weapon from a marine they can't reload it though)
<u>requirements:</u> to be near a marine corps on infestation.
info: a very strange alien life from in the fact that it was a human at some point in time. do to the manipulation of the infestation and the damage to the body. it suggests that the aliens themselves can take control of anything that dies or goes to waist in there infestation.

notes:
useful late in game do to marines having better weapons.
fire kills it in seconds
is technically a dead marine

disclaimer: I don't know if any of these ideas are good or even if they have been suggested before. I have only played ns1 so unfortunately i am basing my ideas off of experience from that.

Comments

• Sentinel1Sentinel1 Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7356Members
    The revolver is pretty much taken care of, they added a secondary fire to the pistol - it's slower but more powerful.

I really like the E-light idea, it has tactical implications. There are flashlights already, so I'm not sure it'll ever make the game. It does give an excuse to show off the game's dynamic lighting though.
  • _Thresh__Thresh_ Join Date: 2008-01-11 Member: 63385Members
    yeah light would be cool

long as it wasn't too cheap or spammy
  • warbrand2warbrand2 Join Date: 2010-12-13 Member: 75657Members
    more ideas.

<b>Advanced cameo suit. </b>
    requirements: requires weapons 3 and research.
    cost: something high
    info: this suit allows its where to be invisible to all even the commander when not moving allowing for effective ambushes.

<b>arch welder.</b>
    requirements: command facility
    cost: same as shotgun
    info: halves the building time when building buildings. but replaces the pistol.
  • Sentinel1Sentinel1 Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7356Members
    I'm sure the welder will make a return, it seems unlikely that MACs will do all that work - but we'll see. The cameo suit could work, as long as the weapon given is no more than a pistol/lmg, and it would be medium-expensive. I think aliens could still kill a cloaked marine.