spark editor update eta?

PolykarbonPolykarbon Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25879Members, Constellation
this broken texture lock is killing me.

:(

Comments

• SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!

Wouldn't mind seeing the tech point 45 degree rotation fixed (again) as well.

And raises this question: Will we ever be able to rotate res nozzles? harvester doesn't give best effect if pointing into corner.

NOTE: I did read a dev comment that editor fixes/patches where not high priority over game related issues so editor fixes will most likely be a few builds down the road but they do tend to surprise us with lots of progress lately.
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    From the NS2 Progress thread:
    <!--quoteo(post=1814605:date=Dec 9 2010, 10:05 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 9 2010, 10:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1814605"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes we know about the issues, and there is currently a large list of Editor fixes and additions that our mappers have put together for Max to address when he has some time. However, right now our focus is on the game itself, especially performance, not the level editor and other tools. So those issues are likely to stay in for some time. Its frustrating for our mappers but they are able to work around the issues.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You can rotate res nozzle just like tech points, afaik.
    The problem is that all those entities apparently snap back to the rotation of the first entity of this kind you placed in your map.
    In my case I placed my 45° tech point entity first, so the 0° starting tech points snap to 45° when a cc/hive is created. Same probably goes for res nozzles and res towers.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    Just wondering but how often on average do the tools get updated?

Theres one thing in particular id like to see fixed and thats <a href="http://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/topics/spark_editor_viewport_orientation_nonstandard" target="_blank">viewport orientation</a>.