Anyone else from old NS1 days coming back?

TheGlowTheGlow Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9650Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Heyhey!</div>Saw the Xmas special so my friend nabbed it and gave me the spare key so we could relive the old days.
Anyone else from way back?
Im surprised to see my login is still good.

Comments

• ZenoZeno Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62183Members
    Almost everyone in this forum i guess :)
  • ThorondorThorondor Join Date: 2004-07-06 Member: 29745Members
    I'm not coming back, I never even left ^__^
  • louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
    same here, i played ns for a long time and ns2 is great

hi and have a great time with ns2 when it will become one of the best indie games ever.
  • Troll_InvestigatorTroll_Investigator Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8317Members
    edited December 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1819579:date=Dec 26 2010, 04:22 PM:name=TheGlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheGlow @ Dec 26 2010, 04:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819579"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Saw the Xmas special so my friend nabbed it and gave me the spare key so we could relive the old days.
    Anyone else from way back?
    Im surprised to see my login is still good.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yep. i'm from brooklyn too so maybe it is a NYer thing. Seems you registered a mere 10 days of me as well lol
  • SatanLovesYOuSatanLovesYOu Join Date: 2004-05-03 Member: 28410Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i took a break but ive been in and out of the alpha/beta
  • AshesAshes Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72405Members
    Most here now are old time players, I guess. I played NS ages ago for a while, not hardcore or anything, and I think I kinda sucked... But when I saw NS2 was being made, I just remembered what a fun game it was and bought the limited edition as a way of thanks and support to UWE. Now I can't wait to get a better computer and play! :P
  • InfraRedInfraRed Join Date: 2003-01-20 Member: 12508Members, Constellation
    I've been here since NS1 release, but only because I caught onto it a few weeks before release, so with NS2 this time I get to experience all the build up the first full release :)
  • SafetyHelmetSafetyHelmet Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75298Members, Constellation
    I spent a ton of time in NS1. I'm enjoying being able to provide feedback and try to report bugs in NS2 to make it even better. So far, the progress has been really fun, and the game is shaping up nicely.
  • guirisguiris Join Date: 2005-03-05 Member: 43387Members, Constellation
    <--- look my shiny Contie icon ;)
  • bloodshot14bloodshot14 Join Date: 2010-12-21 Member: 75830Members
    edited December 2010
    I played NS1 for quite some time and i got excited about NS2 around when the dynamic infestation video was released, but i stopped playing a little under a year ago because I

got tired of all the bunnyhopping that was required in the game. (when i want bunnyhopping, i go play Quake 1) I started playing recently and thought,

"What's going on with NS2?" Saw the beta trailer and instantly wanted it, so i got the holiday special for Christmas.

I love it, main reason being there's no more crazy bunnyhopping. I can't wait to see them

implement new features as we play, and i hope to provide feedback and report bugs as well. It's a little on the laggy

side now, but when I'm in a server that doesn't lag, It's the most fun with any game I've ever had in a long time.
  • TheGlowTheGlow Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9650Members
    I just remember my love/hate with Lerk changes.
    I used to go 30/0 sometimes with that beastly umbra.
    Kamikaze into a marine, umbra, bite away. Me and a friend always flashback to the time our team were total noobs and me as a lerk and him as a fade held down a hive vs heavies for over 5 mins till my phone rang and I had to answer it.
    Correct me if im wrong, marines could only choose heavy or jetpack right? Couldnt have both techs?
  • Dennis_Dennis_ Join Date: 2010-12-27 Member: 75982Members
    Yea... I suppose I'm from way back. Played NS from the first public release up to the latest. Haven't played NS1 for a year or so no now. Me and my brother didn't have to think about when we saw the christmas deal! Very curious how NS2 will develop, it has a lot of potential but still needs loaaaads of work.
  • ShadowShadow Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31145Members, Constellation
    Today I had a long trip down memory lane when I came across a old knife gaming logo, then I stumbled on the old ENSL demo's of season 4, so I figured I'd check back and see how my game :P
  • JaspJasp Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13076Members
    edited December 2010
    Never left, NTFM forever !
  • pacopaco Join Date: 2003-08-14 Member: 19708Members, Constellation
    I left for World of Warcrack and finally got myself weened off it for good hopefully.. I'm excited for NS2 and have enjoyed the beta so far. Hoping the rest of my RgB buddies come back too. Nothing could replace the community NS had back in the day. Although, I don't think I'll be getting back onto mIRC like everyone used to.
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Been here and there didn't start posting again until the over this summer though.
  • YotopiaYotopia Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75176Members
    NS1 since beta 1.0......best multiplayer experience for me so far....
  • TheGlowTheGlow Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9650Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1819943:date=Dec 28 2010, 11:13 PM:name=paco)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paco @ Dec 28 2010, 11:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819943"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I left for World of Warcrack and finally got myself weened off it for good hopefully.. I'm excited for NS2 and have enjoyed the beta so far. Hoping the rest of my RgB buddies come back too. Nothing could replace the community NS had back in the day. Although, I don't think I'll be getting back onto mIRC like everyone used to.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ahh cmon now. My rogues 85 and druids 64. Lets get to leveling!
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aye, I am back for some NS2 goodness. Having a blast at it as well!
  • louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
    ns1 is currently pretty rough.

most people that still play it are good... REALLY good

particularly the marines, last time i tried playing ns1 year back everyone on every server was crazy compared to the past.
  • Creamy GoodnessCreamy Goodness Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76029Members
    I started playing NS1 right after release, absolutely loved it and played for a few months. Then Source was released and I left all HL1 mods behind. Its been years since NS1 for me and I hardly remember all the details. NS2 is going to be HUGE, I cant wait until its smoothed out. Even with the constant server lag and crashes, I'm getting addicted to playin this mod.