Music Preference?

includeinclude aka RpTheHotrodDallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited January 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
Out of curiosity, I was wondering what music preference does the community actually prefer in a game like this. This is actually a mix of horror, suspense, and action into one game...so pure action...or pure horror...wouldn't quite hit the nail on the head.

I don't think a "melody" song would fit a game like this. So far I like the music, as it has a tune mixed with ambient tone, but would you prefer ambient music with a tune like it is now (mixed), or more ambient?

I put this together about a month ago. It could be a reference point:
<a href="http://www.soundcloud.com/rpthehotrod/ambienc" target="_blank">Ambient Example</a>

Comments

• RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really like the music to NS2 - But I always feel like I want the action music to kick in at some point and it never comes :(
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1824415:date=Jan 14 2011, 05:58 PM:name=Runteh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runteh @ Jan 14 2011, 05:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824415"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I really like the music to NS2 - But I always feel like I want the action music to kick in at some point and it never comes :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1823622:date=Jan 12 2011, 03:02 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Jan 12 2011, 03:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1823622"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There actually has been quite a bit more music created so far, that has yet to be heard in the game. The plan is to eventually create "stingers", short sections of music taken from the full tracks, that play based on a variety of in game events and actions. We don't want to go to overboard with the music, though, because if it becomes too distracting in game or makes it hard to hear important sound FX, then most people will just turn it off anyway.

There are still plans to put together a soundtrack of the full tracks at some point and offer it for sale, though there is no ETA on that at the moment.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They will be adding action based music ques, it just hasnt been implemented yet. so turn that frown upside down.
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1824418:date=Jan 14 2011, 05:04 PM:name=Dank McShwagger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dank McShwagger @ Jan 14 2011, 05:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824418"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They will be adding action based music ques, it just hasnt been implemented yet. so turn that frown upside down.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I really can't wait to hear the reactive music. :)

Anyone know how I could contact who is doing the music? I'm learning music design for video games and I'm quite curious if he has some suggestions.
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Musician's website is
    <a href="http://david-john.com/" target="_blank">http://david-john.com/</a>