made an ns intro paragraph for postin on youtube and other forums

SHAFTTHEGIMPSHAFTTHEGIMP Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58592Members
edited May 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">take a look please</div>Here can be found a science fiction designers dream where through mere supreme necessity the human race is challenged into mastering its own existence. Or face death when their complexes fail to the striving Kharaa. Every breath counts, every slug counts. This is the most epic battle of the ages, tech trees, maps, warfare anything possible has been entered. Who will win.

The first popular competitive hl1 build was the best game ever. Pew pew action.
This new ones been built from scratch and taking ages.
Don’t be put off by its alien appearance.
The more you play it the more you realise this is what a FPS/RTS online multiplayer team shooter should be. Oh AND you play as the aliens aswell ^_^. Heaps of freedom to moove in the environment.
Even has buildings and an economy ect.
Probably worth checking out.

took me ages

good work UWE!

Comments

• jkflipflopjkflipflop Join Date: 2010-10-13 Member: 74423Members
    That's pretty good bro. Must have taken a while. I'd do something like this:

TWO UNIQUE SIDES!
    Whether you play as one of the elite marine Frontiersmen or the vicious alien Kharaa, you must use unique strategies and your abilities to win. Marines form persistent squads to find and destroy alien hives. Aliens can choose a wall-running Skulk, pudgy Gorge, flying Lerk, murderous Fade or gigantic Onos that can smash through doors.

REAL-TIME STRATEGY!
    Commanders play from overhead to lead their team to victory. Build structures anywhere, collect resources and research upgrades. Marines buy weapons at an Armory or build sentry turrets and siege cannons to assault the enemy. Aliens build upgrade chambers, evolve special abilities and plant traps.

DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS!
    Spreading alien infestation deforms hallways and causes space station power failure, turning off lights and shutting down marine powered structures. Use a flamethrower to clear infestation or weld a bulkhead shut for a last defense. Every game is different.

UNLIMITED VARIATIONS!
    WYSIWYG graphical tools and powerful scripting allow you to create new weapons, scenarios or entirely new games. You get all the tools and Lua source code they're using to build NS2. Ongoing automatic updates keep the game fresh by adding new maps, weapons and abilities.

You can use that if you want, too. I don't mind ;D
  • SHAFTTHEGIMPSHAFTTHEGIMP Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58592Members
    edited May 2011
    sick as!

yer it looks 2 me like alot going atm. its like raining?

all these games

even duke forever

d3

other dlc's

ne way spam the game around

i rekon they should sell the game on a hdd, they are cheap lol

no?
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1846785:date=May 17 2011, 12:28 PM:name=jkflipflop)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jkflipflop @ May 17 2011, 12:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1846785"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's pretty good bro. Must have taken a while. I'd do something like this:

TWO UNIQUE SIDES!
    Whether you play as one of the elite marine Frontiersmen or the vicious alien Kharaa, you must use unique strategies and your abilities to win. Marines form persistent squads to find and destroy alien hives. Aliens can choose a wall-running Skulk, pudgy Gorge, flying Lerk, murderous Fade or gigantic Onos that can smash through doors.

REAL-TIME STRATEGY!
    Commanders play from overhead to lead their team to victory. Build structures anywhere, collect resources and research upgrades. Marines buy weapons at an Armory or build sentry turrets and siege cannons to assault the enemy. Aliens build upgrade chambers, evolve special abilities and plant traps.

DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS!
    Spreading alien infestation deforms hallways and causes space station power failure, turning off lights and shutting down marine powered structures. Use a flamethrower to clear infestation or weld a bulkhead shut for a last defense. Every game is different.

UNLIMITED VARIATIONS!
    WYSIWYG graphical tools and powerful scripting allow you to create new weapons, scenarios or entirely new games. You get all the tools and Lua source code they're using to build NS2. Ongoing automatic updates keep the game fresh by adding new maps, weapons and abilities.

You can use that if you want, too. I don't mind ;D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is just a copy and paste from <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/overview" target="_blank">http://www.naturalselection2.com/overview</a> . I don't think the devs really mind anyways though.
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    I don't think using "^_^" is a good way to persuade people to buy NS2. Unless said person is 6 years old, which in that case cannot afford the dollar regardless.
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited May 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1846805:date=May 17 2011, 06:25 PM:name=Crispix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crispix @ May 17 2011, 06:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1846805"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z89/spoQn/ns2_sig_gen007_s.jpg" target="_blank">http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z89/spo...ig_gen007_s.jpg</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you advertising NS2 on the NS2 website?
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1846828:date=May 17 2011, 03:05 PM:name=Papayas)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Papayas @ May 17 2011, 03:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1846828"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you advertising NS2 on the NS2 website?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=110094" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=110094</a>

"feel free to use them."

I also said, I'm sure the devs don't mind him using it. I simply said it was a copy and paste because I expected something original and creative from the poster to read.

The OP wants to advertise NS2 in such a way on youtube and "other sites", which is completely fine, as long as it gets the positive attention it deserves. I never said he couldn't use that quote. Probably just linking www.naturalselection2.com or www.unknownworlds.com/ns2 would be even more helpful with maybe a quick 3 sentence paragraph about the game.
  • jkflipflopjkflipflop Join Date: 2010-10-13 Member: 74423Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1846805:date=May 17 2011, 11:25 AM:name=Crispix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crispix @ May 17 2011, 11:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1846805"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is just a copy and paste from <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/overview" target="_blank">http://www.naturalselection2.com/overview</a> . I don't think the devs really mind anyways though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, yeah. . . can you come up with anything better? And free advertising is never a bad thing.
    edited May 2011
    stop argue noddles none of are it is guilty